1st round

They can play in the F A Trophy on it but not the F A Cup. It is the best artificial pitch I have ever refereed on.<br><br>GE<br>

You just have to be careful not to trip on the cross-bow arrowos…

:smiley: Throw in that we also beat Leigh RMI on their own ground 2-0 and Whitby Town 3-2.<br><br>Took 7 forwards to Moor Green - they hadn’t seen anything like it !!! - Probably only play 6 against Witton.<br><br>History is history and best left there. We look forward to welcoming all from Witton Albion, players, officials and indeed all your supporters.<br><br>Enjoy the day, enjoy the game, but not the result.<br><br>As in previous rounds, anyone who wants a conducted tour of the pitch prior to kickoff or at halftime, please drop me a line on this board. Will gladly arrange it for you.<br><br>Marine brought 20 kids to have a game on pitch before match and Whitby had half a dozen interested fans who wanted to see the pitch. Catch their website for their unbiased experience of the day.<br><br>Woodley are the friendly club - we just want to put on a good show for our visitors. Excellant hospitality, refurbished social club and tuck shop - bring a friend and make a day of it.<br><br>

Wouldnt worry about bringing a friend - they’ll be plenty of us!<br>I just hope an even pitch suits our passing game - what thoughts a couple of training sessions at the JJB done in Manchester to help preparation? I’m sure "Benny & Jim" have it covered!

thanx for the text neil. after all the home games in the cups this season an away game was on the cards. Of all the away games we could of had its not that bad and a game that we should win.

Can Chad/anyone confirm that Witton’s last competitive match played on an artificial surface was at Deepdale when Preston drubbed us 5-0 in about 1993?<br><br>Seem to remember Lee Coathup being tackled on the halfway line after about 2 mins before the Preston striker raced away to score. Wasn’t the best day.

3 minutes three goals thanx for remining us of that one.

Didn’t we loose 2-1 at Hyde by Bryan Griffiths was in charge back in aound March 1995?<br><br>They had an artificial pitch then if I remember correctly back to my youth!

Stop being so negative, it was 5 - 1 at Preston!

Memory isn’t the best - alcohol and things!<br><br>But I thought we went longer than 2 mins, and we hit the crossbar at Preston.

That was also the game that John Buckley actually wrote an open letter, in the Chronicle, to the FA regarding the performance of one of the linesmen who failed to give blatant offside decisions that led directly to two of their goals.

didnt steve senior score a belter that day.

Was it Grimshaw who rattled the bar at the far end of the ground early doors?? Had that one gone in, who knows… <br>Good old Karl Thomas keeping composure to net our concelation.<br><br>So for those ‘old-timers’ at the back of the bus on the way home from Stamford last saturday, I was there in 92! (or late 91 as it must of been!).