Around a year ago...

Very few may remember this but last Saturday in January 2006 Albion sat comfortably in the play off position (we’d been 2nd at xmas) travelled to a side who were 8th I think who had a few games in hand and were starting to play a bit. Blyth it was. Stories of fish and chips and dodgy fuel gages aside we know what went on to happen then.

We lost 5-1 that day, things went from bad to worse and although we recovered it showed that now is the time to be hitting form and hopefully pushing on to achieve something. there’s a long way to go yet but it aint over yet!

I’ve often said that had we kept together the team that beat Guisley and Telford 4 - 0 at WP on consecutive Saturdays at Xmas last year, then i feel we would of won the league last season. The team we have now is pretty much identical, ecept with Brownhill in for Ness (an improvement IMO), Brown in for McGuire (again, i would say is an improvement), and Hockenhull in for King. I think the only player from last season who would still get into this team is Maynard, BUT Warlow has scored more goals than Maynard did.

Guisley and Telford to come. I’d take another couple of 4 - 0 games!!

We just have to keep winning our homes games, and take what we can from the away games. Yes we have some hard games coming up, but so do Telford and Hednesford. I’m sure Matlock will still be fancying their chances, so there is no reason at all why we shouldn’t be confident also.

It would not surprise me to seet that Matlock turn out to be the main threat to us winning this league. Telford seem to be in some turmoil.
WHS.