Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion.

GOALLLLL

Latest Score from Weaver Stadium:

Nantwich Town 3 Witton Albion 2.

Paul Williams scores from the spot on 82 minutes.

Witton Substitution:

James Foley replaced by Cesaire Lingouba on 86 minutes.

Attendance: 315.

5 minutes of added time.

Yellow card:

Nantwich 's Nathan Cotterell on 90+2 minutes for a foul.

Chance for Witton on 90+4 minutes - free kick on the edge of the area comes to nothing.

Full Time Score from Weaver Stadium:

Nantwich Town 3 Witton Albion 2.

Good effort lads.
WHS.

Overall thought we were the better side, but you make big mistakes and you get punished, Nantwich were poor and we should really have won it , could not understand our keeper and both centre back today second half with the wind they just banged it up field without thought every time to be collected by the Nantwich keeper why !!!
The same old problems im afraid keeper stuck on his line, missing Prince and Devine = no balance, Tames was poor on the wing and Jones poor up front, thankfully Rob Hopley played pretty well. Not a great technical game, terrible conditions and a poor ground - the terrace stand gives no weather protection at all and the ground is just soulless. We will have better away days Im sure UTA

Was it three goals from four shots…? Something like that… I thought the lads battled well and were the better team…one of those days…though how that chance in the first 5 minutes stayed out …my hands are still on my head! Good singing today! :slight_smile:

We were seriously unlucky today, all their shots seemed to somehow swirl into our goal. We were the better side and deserved at least a point, but somethings are just not meant to be. Awful conditions, poor ground (why don’t they put a cover behind at least one goal) and hot dog wasn’t great either. The beer was not bad though. At least as many Wittoners as home fans.

No major concerns from me we are a better side than they are. It just wasn’t our day. UTA

Watched the highlights on Dabbers TV via YouTube last night. The first goal was unlucky, Rob had to try and clear it otherwise their player probably would’ve scored anyway. The second could’ve been prevented, the ball travelled quite a distance from the corner flag to the edge of the area and the scorer was left on his own. Our first goal from Rob was excellent, the penalty was finished clinically by Williams. His attempt from the halfway line was also really unlucky. Their winner seemed to bounce as Calvin Hare dived to save it. On another day, we probably would’ve won but they adapted to the conditions better.

Yes Rob found himself in a no win situation with the first goal. It did make me think though, has a Witton player ever scored at both ends in the same half of a game before? I certainly don’t recall it ever happening in my time watching the Albs. Great quiz question for the future…

PRITCH scored, gave away a penalty and got sent off all within two minutes!!
WHS.

[quote=“WHS” post=73062]PRITCH scored, gave away a penalty and got sent off all within two minutes!!
WHS.[/quote]

At both ends? That was my question…

The answer is our old centre half Chris Nichol (1966-1968) when he was playing for Aston Villa v Leicester March 1976. He scored twice for Villa and two own goals for Leicester. Still a record never to be beaten

I remember that

Good answer and a very interesting fact. I still reckon yesterday could be a first for Witton Albion in our entire history though (one of our players scoring in both goals in the same half of play) or, if not, it can’t have happened more than a few times surely. Over to Chad!

I’ll get my anorak :slight_smile:

Not our day. We move on. Can’t understand why you would build a stadium for a winter sport with no cover for the fans. Soulless place. Pie was awful £2.20 for the smallest pie I’ve had at a ground. And £3.40 for a pint of John smiths. Your avin a laugh. No wonder there were few home fans. But as usual the Wittoners made the away trip fun and enjoyable. UTA