New signing today

As well as confirming the Contract signing of Rob Lloyd from Crewe Alexandra FC, Witton Albion FC have also signed winger Dorryl Proffitt from Leek Town and he could figure tomorrow with injuries to Mark Peers and Shaun Miller.

GE

From the Leek website;

DORRYL PROFFITT: (21, Striker) A former England Youth International who was originally signed from Manchester City in November 2004 after netting over fifty times for their youth team. Dorryl then had trials at Oldham and Preston North End before joining Crawley Town. Unfortunately, he suffered a broken ankle and missed the remainder of last season. He rejoined Leek in September 2006 after spending the early part of the season at Millwall.

Is Dorryl a real name??

As long as he is a great player you can acll him Dorothy if you like!!
WHS

I’m sure Jim knows what he’s doing, and that is certainly good enough for me.

Apologies Graham if I spoke out of turn regarding the permanent signing of Rob Lloyd.

I just happened to be present on Thursday night, when Jim broke the great news to a group of Wittoners and I think it says a great deal about the ambitions that the present management team have for our great club.

In my view, this is a sad loss for Leek Town. Dorryl on his day is an excellent skillful player and your pitch will certainly suit his playing. When we recently beat North Ferriby at their place 5-1, Dorryl was instrumental in their downfall, scoring 2 and winning a penalty (which in my view perhaps he should have taken for his hat trick!).

All the best to him and hope he does well for Witton.

A little more on Dorrell

Jim Vince, manager of UniBond League Premier Division club Witton Albion, has signed former Manchester City striker Dorrell Proffitt.

The ex-England Youth international has not been a success at Witton`s league rivals Leek Town second time round.

The striker was good enough to win a three-year contract with Manchester City in his teens and made half a dozen England under-19 appearances, including a game when he was a year young.

In England?s win over Russia in Moscow, Proffitt (pictured) scored the only goal of the game whilst in six under-18 games for his country he scored against Tunisia, Burkia-Faso and Mali.

He made a further ten international appearances at under-17 level scoring against Italy and replacing a certain Wayne Rooney in the matches against Holland and Spain!

After leaving City, Proffitt had his first spell with Leek and then had trials with Oldham, Preston and Millwall before joining Nationwide Conference National side Crawley Town in late October 2005.

Vince said: ?He brings ability and speed and maybe the pitch and Leek did not suit his style of play. He’ll do well for us. I hope it’s a shrewd signing.?