Northwich Victoria vs Witton Albion

Witton Substitution:

Jon Dawson replaced by Jay Matthews on 61 minutes.

GOAL

Latest Score from The NetDec Stadium:

Northwich Victoria 2 Witton Albion 1.

Rob Hopley pulls one back for Albion on 72 minutes - meeting Michael Wilson’s cross.

Warrington 4 Trafford FC 1.

Witton Substitution:

Alex Titchiner replaced by Michael Brewster on 79 minutes.

80 minutes - Albion looking tired but still in the game.

Yellow card

Witton’s Tom Schofield on 90 minutes for a bad tackle.

90+1 minutes - Shot from Danny Andrews goes over the top.

Full Time Score from The NetDec Stadium:

Northwich Victoria 2 Witton Albion 1.

Tight game with few real chances for both sides.

We played with pride and passion and deserved to get something out of the game. That said NVFC defence was really tight as it has been all season and we couldn’t create enough to get the draw.

Well played though to all the team and we set off for 2016 in better shape than we have been for a while. :clap :clap :clap

I think us playing Saturday in a high tempo game saw us a little flat today despite everyone putting a good shift in, they are Big ( must have 4 players over 6’ 4" ) athletic and well organised but alas played little footballthe long ball favourite route to goal AKA Wimbledon style I can see why they win matches tho, decent gate for them and not as over inflated as the 1874 traitors will argue (I said about 700 there ) seemed a good few old V**S fans turning out today -that might cause the other green slime to stumble a little. I think Witton players can consider themselves unlucky to come out of the xmas period with only 1 point against the leagues top 2 ! 3 or 4 points would have been justice. Agree with Knutsfordian though things look much better going into 2016 and I hope we can now consolidate the squad and our form. UTA

I really can’t believe we only took one point from the games against Warrington and the tax dodging green scum. We played really well with spirit commitment and not just a little skill too! The future is beginning to look a bit brighter now it’s good to see. Some superb support today from the proud Wittoners and some innovative songs too!! COME ON THE ALBIOON!! :clap

Yet another good show from Albion away from home :S. Noting CJ’s comment about 6 foot 4 players it’s good to see Hopley up front instead of one of Snow Whites seven mates as we’ve had for the last twenty years or so, would be nice to have a few more players who can see above the grass. Witton M O M for me was No 5 Ryan Ellison showed passion, skill and energy, just a shame he’s only on loan. :frowning:

Another steely performance from the lads today that deserved a point at the very least. If we continue to play in the same manner we will certainly win more than we lose. Surprised to see so many 1874 fans there today putting money in to uncle Jims coffers…

Despite the result i really enjoyed the game, we desrved at least a point if not all 3 but what pleased me most was the effort put in which was totally different to the game back in August!
The atmosphere was brilliant too with non stop singing from start to finish and some very funny songs made up too.
Also great to see the applause at full time and the players and Management acknowledge the fantastic support.

Spot on there Matt Cat. It was just like a derby of old.

If we can have performances and support like that until the end of the season - well you never know what could happen !!

Totally agree with everything that has been said. The current players are doing their utmost and putting in 110% effort and with a bit of luck would have got more than the 1 point from the 2 games over the Christmas period. We were the only team that actually tried to play football yesterday and deserved to get at least a point. I just wish that we could sign the loan players on permanently cos they are all doing the business for Witton. I now feel more positive about our future and relgation talk should be a thing of the past .UTA.

Great to see the effort put in by everyone! No doubt, the previous match obviously took it’s toll on our team. If they had played Saturday or we had been postponed, 100% convinced we would have won that.

Having said that, they are a massive side and very professional. No messing about clearing their lines, unlike us when we were dispossessed in midfield for their second (again tiredness was a major factor in that) and also, they went down under every challenge no matter how slight the touch and the ref continually bought it.

Onward and upwards. UTA!

Only just got back from visiting my son and family so missed the two christmas games. By the sound of it we did really well and my own target of a point from these games was attained by the lads.I hope we can now begin to climb the table and finish at least halfway and laythe foundations for a good crack at it next season. Credit to Carl and his team formaking us more competative. My only concern is that the loan players we have are doing brilliantly so it would be a shame to lose them when the loan period is up. Credit where credit is due though as Carl really inherited a bad situation and is beginning to turn it round despite my own initial doubts.Onwards and Upwards UTA.