Witton Albion v. Macclesfield FC

Full Time Score from The U Lock It Stadium:

Witton Albion 1 Macclesfield FC 0.

Oh well who was expecting that? My friend offered 10-1 on a Witton win and had no takers !! Hats off to the team it really was an excellent result and well deserved. I have seen more football in the last 2 games than the last 2 years !! Man of the match? There were a few but Ollie Martin takes it for me - that save near the end was just absolutely top draw. Well done all

Witton supporters FANTASTIC
Witton players f**** Brilliant!!!
PROUD Wittoner tonight, incredible atmosphere. Players all put in 110% in the last 2 matches and you can’t ask for more than that.
Well done to all involved and lets keep it going!!
Keeper was amazing but Cameron is my MOM absolutely brilliant. UT FKIN ALBS!

A fantastic performance and result, well done managerial staff and players. This team put everything into the game and got their just rewards tonight. Looking good for the season.

Apologies for the lack of a match preview as I spent Monday night in hospital and only got home around teatime on Tuesday.

Nevertheless, an excellent result for everyone and gives us confidence going into Saturday’s tricky Isuzu FA Challenge Trophy tie at home to Stockton Town.

1 Like

Marvellous result last night! Ollie Martin gave one of the best goalkeeping performances I’ve ever seen at WP, and I thought Duckworth was brilliant too. Like the look of Adekoya - offers something a little different to the other forwards.

Aside from the Pritch era, it feels that over the last 15 years we’ve generally struggled to deliver in the ‘big’ games, particularly at home, so it was reassuring to see the team give a really energetic and determined performance in front of a decent crowd.

Great to see some new faces behind the goal. How could they not come back after that?!

1 Like

I forgot to mention in my earlier post - the organisation for last night’s game was really excellent. Big well done to whoever pulled all that together and of course to all the volunteers that actually put the plans into practice !!

1 Like

A great win, when the team pulls 100% together and play good footbal they deserve the win, my mom Fogerty but could have picked anyone because as a team just superb. Their is a good buzz around the club, fans are enjoying the football again, the board are putting the miles in and trying new things so get down and support the club UTA

No need to apologise Derek, hope all is well. I really appreciate the tremendous job you do on here, and I’m sure all other Wittoners do as well.

Great result ,looking like we are improving with every game . Looking forward to the next game .

1 Like