Witton Albion v. Runcorn Linnets(Cheshire County FA Senior Cup First Round)

Listened to Ben’s assessment after the game and I have to say that it’s the most disappointed and annoyed that I’ve seen him.

Yes, we had players missing through injury and also players that weren’t allowed to play by their parent clubs or were already cup-tied.

It may not have been the answer but we have a player on dual registration with another club and he’s in form and scoring goals in Eli Fisher, I find it strange that he wasn’t recalled to play last night.

He might have provided something different and would have been another option to consider.

The other thing I’m finding hard to work out is that we made seven changes from the weekend and then, within a minute of half time we made four substitutions leaving only one more change available for the rest of the second half.

Finally, losing a player sent off whether rightly or wrongly doesn’t help.

Ben said he will change things but with four players still missing through injury, it’s difficult to see what he can change.

Well, Koral back in and all the loan players start and we are closer but, do need new players asap.

If nothing else, 2 strikers, our best team is probably

Allen
Koral, Grogan, Hitchcox, Jackson
King, Daly, German
McGee
Hooper, Djabi

It’s ok, we’ll be competitive, but we need more goals in the team to challenge plus a strong centre back and a hard man in midfield then we might be ok.

Hard work required from our recruitment as I don’t think we have the answers in the current squad.