Witton Albion vs Carlton Town

4 minutes of added time.

Full Time Score from The NetDec Stadium:

Witton Albion 2 Carlton Town 0.

So it’s as you were before the start of play. One point behind Shaw Lane with a game in hand.

FT Shaw Lane AFC 4 Belper Town 1.

If ever there was a game that was all about 3 points and nothing else - this was it. Sheer grit and determination got us over the line. Carlton put up a hard fight and must be wondering how they lost - on another day they could gave gone home with a point and maybe all 3. That said, this team will battle and never give in and sometimes that’s what it takes and its easy to look past the speed and skill that they display with lots of goal scoring talent to boot. One cup final down. 6 more to play. Next one Thursday !! Come on boys you can do this !!!

Couldn’t make it tonight but yet another fantastic result. I can not say enough about this Witton team other than they are an absolute credit to the club and that it is a privilege to watch them. If there are any legs and energy left lets have a good crack at Spalding on Thursday. Win or lose they will give 100% there is no doubt about that, lets get behind em!

Well done Carl, Gary and the lads. UTA

Not a classic, but 3 more points. Could have lost this game to be fair, but Witton’s spirit got us through AGAIN. Did you see the player’s celebrations after each goal? Incredible - much credit to the manager who gambled by resting players in view of the tough campaign we’ve got, and it obviously paid off. Come on Witton, we can do this, as with the team we have on and off the field, the Boat Race and the Grand National are also within our grasp. UTA

A plus that comes with the player’s doing well on the pitch is that I’ve noticed a fair few new faces at Witton over the last half a dozen games or so and a lot of kids and teenagers, which is crucial for the future of the club.
UTA

Several from my brother’s family now go regularly. We are paying the price for so many games being played on the pitch, it was very bumpy last night, the reason I felt for our struggling to put Carlton away. We rely on quick passing but that was impossible at times as the ball bobbled so much it meant it had to be controlled before it was passed. No disrespect to the groundstaff they do a great job but 3 or 4 games on it every week are making it extremely difficult for them.
WHS.

not a classic game by any means but credit to the team for getting the 3 points , like the look of the lad Mckenna very quick and uses the ball well.

A very valuable win and agree we didnt play that well, the pitch didnt seem an issue to Carlton ! I think an off night with several out of touch and it is a risk resting players as teams in this league all can have a good day, didnt see the sense in resting the keeper and it doesnt look like Will and Rob are a good pairing upfront maybe too similar, hopefully back to a full strength team on thursday and back to some real form and that bit closer to the title MOM maybe Mckenna at fullback Wilson both played well UTA

CJ, Carlton were more direct than us, just “Hooffed” it forward. We play direct but the pitch did not allow quick control so slowed down our play I thought. We tend to play “one touch” which is impossible on a bumpy pitch.
WHS.

We need to put our strongest team out, we can’t afford one mistake. Changing winning teams makes for unrest on and off the pitch

Premier League Clubs love “Rotation” but I am with you, “Same team as last year” as Bill Shankly used to say. However with so many games played and so many to play in a short time we have to try to use our squad in a sensible way and I think our manager is doing just that. Had go at the linesman and their Manager about their 6 and his long throw. I used to be pretty good at the long throw, I could put it into the penalty area, but I can tell you if I had been allowed to throw it like their number 6 I could have reached the far post!!
WHS.

A very good 3 points, we ground out the result. Which is what champions do so well done lads, a good day at the office. I really do believe that we are going to win the league , which is what this team has fought for all season with their never say die attitude, and wiould be well deserved. Looking forward to Thursday and another 3 points. UTA