Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria (Vijay Anthwal Memorial Shield)

Excellent result!:sunglasses::+1::soccer:

Sounds like things might be starting to come together - fingers crossed…:crossed_fingers:

Thanks Wheels for all the updates👍

Come on you mighty Albion!:sunglasses:

1 Like

After a dodgy start where we could have been 2 or 3 down! The lads settled and mainly took control of the game playing some nice football again some decent displays.

Overall, we probably look a bit too young and lightweight to challenge for the play offs, so hoping for 2 or 3 signings to add some physicality and experience to the team especially centre mid and upfront. UTA

1 Like

First visit to WP this year so nothing (personally) to compare this performance against, but we seemed to play with high levels of energy and get the ball forwards as soon as we could. NVFC looked useful without really creating any clear cut chances so I suspect overall the WAFC camp will be quite happy with their afternoon’s work.

Looking at the gate -285, looked more than that to me. I wonder how many got in free. Security will be tightened, we cannot afford to allow ‘‘freeloaders’’ if the club is to progress!..Take note!

1 Like

Attendance stated on the website is 300.

1 Like

Another good workout from Witton. I thought we were fitter second half, I like the way we play football from the back quick passing and forward play.

The team needs time to settle and get to know each other yet but up to now, I like the style of football.

1 Like

The way Witton are now playing is far better than last season. Last season they were like a bunch of grapes, just using one half of the pitch, now they are using the full width of the pitch. Also at corners players are left up the pitch and not pulling everyone back into defence, giving an outlet to get forward. Things are definitely on the up. Looking forward to the start of the season. I hope we get the support that this more positive style of play deserves.UTA