Witton Albion vs Stafford Rangers

Owen Wynne races on to a flick on by Will Jones on 81 minutes and sends the ball towards goal before it’s cleared away.

Tom Owens is played in on goal on 83 minutes before going down inside the penalty area, no penalty given though.

Cesaire Lingouba bursts down the right on 86 minutes but his final ball is lacking.

Rangers Substitute Joe Cuff drags a shot wide from a narrow angle on 90 minutes.

5 minutes of added time.

GOAL

Latest Score from Wincham Park:

Witton Albion 1 Stafford Rangers 1.

Paul Bignot equalises for Stafford on 90+3 minutes - his shot deflected past Greg Hall in the Albion goal.

Full Time Score from Wincham Park:

Witton Albion 1 Stafford Rangers 1.

How frustrating that’s we can’t fill the subs bench. Why is that? Surely we can draft in Academy players, or even get someone out of the crowd? Just joking but it’s not the first time we’ve been struggling. UTA!

I think last night’s was an extreme and unusual event. I can never remember us being down to just one on the bench. We started with at least five missing then losing Danny before the game and Ossie also struggling, meant leaving just Owen Wynne from the Academy Team as a substitute, and then circumstances dictated that we had to use him. From my understanding, I think Owen Wynne is the only one currently registered for the first team out of the Academy system.

I understand the circumstances but we started with just 2 on the bench! My question is why don’t we fill it albeit with Development/Academy players?

From an outsiders view it really is very poor for a senior non league club not to have a full bench. Sign of the times maybe, I fear for the future for clubs living in the past

A small squad and a number of absentees. Its a fact of life and we just need to live with it. I am sure the Management team are aware of the issues.

As for the game, we played well and defended heroically. Pity we couldn’t hold out, but to be fair they deserved a point at the end. We could/should have had a penalty which might have made the game safe, but overall it was entertaining and the effort was first class.

A bigger squad requires a bigger budget & until 350/400 plus people start coming through the gates EVERY home game, I guess the club will have to work with a smaller squad & budget. If the fans want a bigger squad & success then they need to start coming to games & spending money which will then give the club a chance to give the manager a bigger budget. Look at what the management team & playing squad have done with a small squad, A GREAT FA CUP RUN, AN OUTSIDE PLAY OFF CHANCE, A DECENT FA TROPHY RUN. So get behind the club & who knows where it could go?? I also have noticed how quiet the fans are at home games on Tuesday 40 Stafford fans made more noise than 260 witton fans. LETS MAKE SOME NOISE & support the lads.

All valid points guys, but doesn’t answer why Development/Academy players cannot be used in an emergency to fill our bench. They would do it for free I’m sure!

UTA!

I can only assume that the Academy lads are not quite ready & putting them in too early could set back their development both physically & mentally as this league is a tough league. I’m sure the management aren’t ignoring them on purpose so there must be a valid reason. I am playing devil’s advocate here as i can see it from both sides.