Witton v Ilson

Great to be back on the air!

Been very lonely this week without the forum, but hey, what a great result. Looking forward to the match report later today.

Come on the Albion! Tough week ahead, but I’m sure we’re up for it!!!

Shame about the result over the canal, eh? ;D ;D

Great result against a team that has been in good form, was working today so really missed the website. Anyone know how the ‘screenings’ went in the pubs? must have impressed a few with a result like that.

well done boys was gutted cudnt get on the site either! o well at least we won n vics got knocked out of the trophy, cant believe how many of em thought they were goin wembley :D! Come on Witton!

Sent a letter to Mr. Buckley pointing out that all Vics are now playing for is to avoid relegation, whilst Witton are playing for a championship, so who gets the back page now? By the way did anyone see that baby’s dummy flying over the canal around 4-45pm today? Apparently the Vics ground is now to be turned into a Sainsbury’s depot as Mr. Connett is fed up with no one coming to watch his team. Apparently even FC United turned down his offer to play there so as far as he is concerned the dream is over. Vics, I understand will be ground sharing with Barnton or Winsford next season in the North West Counties League, if they are playing at all!!!
WHS.

Sainsbury’s depot ?
Now what is Mr. connett doing?
Trying something new with Jamie Oliver ? ;D

The boys did well yesterday in what was a massive game i felt…

To win 4-1 against a team that will consider themselves in the mixer for a playoff spot is a great achievement.

Telford are panicking now, they must be…

Vale for money again…keep it going there’s no stopping us now.

:wink: :smiley: ;D 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[color=red]COME ON WWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTEEEEERRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNN!!![/color]

Burscough are looking like potential challengers now. I suggested last week that 9 points from yesterday, Tuesday, and Matlock on Saturday and we’d win the league. I now think a point on Tuesday would be an excellent result.

About 7 more wins required for the title??

I agree, a point would be a good result, but let’s not underestmate our team, I’m sure they will want all three and be flat out to get them. Is there a bus going on Tuesday? I am looking for a lift if not, money for petrol of course.
WHS.

Will possibly be space in my car leaving Rudheath at 6.30ish

Donation to the players fund will suffice. Will let you know tomorrow.

Robbo, Ring me on 45804, I am at 2, Melchett Crescent, Rudheath.
WHS.

Couldnt make the game, as i was in London for the weekend. It sounds like i missed yet another good performance. I think to win against a team thats been in good form should be a great confidence boost towards all the players / supporter’s. Its in our hands now. Its ours to win ! I Know that the team will go out on tuesday to get the 3 points. Theres no doubt it will be very hard work to get the full 3 points against Burscough. But i think we can do it ! ;D

Though it was once again a very controlled polished performance.

Ilkeston were definitely one of the better teams to come to WP this season.

Our movement off the ball, range of passing and most importantly FINISHING were top drawer again on Saturday.

Thanks to Pritch for presenting Phil Carter with his ‘40’ shirt on the pitch prior to the game ;D

‘Controlled’ is an adjective I’d definitely agree with. Good football, without trying to be too flashy, top quality finishing.

I thought the match officials did a fine job. They let the game flow, but stepped in when necessary, and for once we had a realistic amount of time added on at the end of each half. If only we could see this more often.

WHS, if you still need a lift tomorrow night then i can get you from the bottom of Melchett at 6.15
However, you will have to put up with the back seat and lots of young people’s music in the car!!! Sorry, no ballet!!

Rather than give me petrol money, just donate a suitable amount to Len or Andy etc for the players fund.

Robbo, I’ll be there and don’t worry about the music, I work in a High School, I hear all that new rubbish, sorry, great new music every day!!! I give Len a fiver a game, win or lose now, I will make it a tenner for the Burscough game, is that okay? May make it fifteen if we win!!!
WHS.

Sounds good to me!