Witton V Marine

Finally after a long spell without internet access I have managed to borrow my son-in-laws computer for a minute to come on here and congratulate the team on a fantastic victory today and what a great performance they are putting in. ;D
Noticed a few changes to todays team though from Tuesdays match…no Barras,Gahgan,Ali Brown… thought these were playing well at the minute ???..mind you, not complaining at the result :wink:

That was a game that could have been very easy to lose!!! The weather conditions were borderline from that start and there could have been no complaints if it had been called off. I think in the first 15/20 minutes we were coming to terms with how to play under the conditions and in fairness to Marine they started very strongly. You don’t get into third at this stage of a season without being any good.

What was so impressive about us was that having gone behind twice, we came back almost instantly to level it. We didn’t panic, just played our way back into the game. Lloyd was magnificent, absolutely controlled midfield and deserved the three goals as reward for his performance. Connors too was brilliant, when he has the ball he uses it, when he doesn’t have it he goes and wins it.

This was a MASSIVE performance and result and demonstrates our credentials beyond any doubt. Guisely are one point above us and we have 5 games (15 points) in hand of them, Marine three points above (4 games in hand/12 points). We can really cement our play-off position and whilst I have said all along I don’t think we will catch Telford I am looking forward to been proved wrong!

Well done to all the lads and Jim/Benny, you could not do anymore - playing a side above us, in the conditions on the day and going behind twice, and we still win 5-2! Awesome display.

Our back-four/keeper must have played well to keep them out in the second half, unfortunately I can’t give them any praise as I didn’t see a kick in our half!

Keep playing like this and we WILL be promoted, not a doubt, just need to keep the concentration, belief and focus - I believe that you win football matches in your head and not with your feet!

Well done - keep it going.

Very well said wincham rabbit totally agree with almost everything you said the only im not agreeing with is the fact that you dont think we can win the league! but im glad to hear you want to proven wrong im sure we all want that to happen!! I am so gutted i am missing out on all of this action but i am there all the time in spirit! Come on Witton!

GE.
I know it is only a minor help, but with the ?5 for the Vics game and the two ?3 for the last two league games I will turn the ?11 I owe into ?15 if we beat Marine again on Saturday, even though it is a pretty pointless Cup Tie. I may increase my payment to ?5 a win in League games until the end of the season and a bonus of we get promotion, maybe ?25, maybe more if I can afford it. I know it is not a lot but if others join in it would mount up.
WHS.

Fantastic 3 points and victory, again the football played was fantastic, intelligent and penetrative (someone will have to explain the word to Gregg).

I saw all seven goals go in, which judging by the Marine website is something that none of them were able to achieve! The trick is guys to sit/stand on the half way line ;)!!!

I think talk of winning the league is premature(Its a massive ask), and would love us to consolidate a play off place first! Will miss the next 2 league games but there all cup finals from now til the end of the season!

I keep saying it but Jim is InVINCEable. His answer to the person who was tapping up Rob lloyd on Tuesday night was to go and sign him and of course the rest is history with 3 goals proving this was the right move. Congrats also to Mike and the board for allowing Jim to do this. Magnificent display Saturday and I see the Marine lads are bleating about how the match should have been abandoned. Its funny how there are two teams playing and therefore equally as bad for both teams!! The REF was brilliant and you can’t help feeling if he’d officiated on Tuesday we would have won that game as well.
I think we can win the league with this team but if we could sign Mike Bowler as well then I think that would be the final piece of the jigsaw and insure us against injury. I feel we are a little bit short whenever we have a defender missing a game and Mike Bowler would be able to fill in both midfield and full back and he knows all the other players so you also have continuity. It’s not having a go here its just as I say insurance. We are awesome at the moment so keep it up lads and keep the "clean" vocal support going as this must count as a goal start straight away. I know Jim thinks we can do it without the play offs and I’m not going to disagree with the inVINCEable one!!

If we had beat Marine by an odd goal then fair enough, the conditions could of played a part. But they managed to lead twice, and then lost by 3 clear goals. The fog doesn’t play THAT big a part in the outcome.

Even getting a mention on Crewes website;

It was a successful weekend for the first team this week, seeing off Northampton 2-1 thanks a brace from Luke Varney.

Our boys out on loan didn’t have a bad weekend either.

Striker Mat Bailey, who featured in a reserve game last week, featured in an away draw for Barrow against Hinckley.

Witton Albion had a spectacular home win over Marine with recent Crewe deportee Rob Lloyd scoring a hat-trick - not a bad way to celebrate signing for his new club. Adam Warlow also featured during this game having a shot saved on 68 minutes. The fog temporarily halted the game for a while but Witton twice came from behind to push for the 5-2 win.