Witton v Stamford

Dead chuffed with the result - well done guys!

just one comment with regard to atmosphere behind the goals - everyone needs to join in and get behind this team. We have got ourselves up the league and now we have to stay there. Its going to be a long season and we all have to pull together to make it happen this year.

We know what we have to do and we don’t want last years disappointments, so lets do it!!

Found a few pics from yesterday on the Stamford forum http://stamfordafc.proboards85.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1188049202&page=2

Mostly pics of the ground and of Stamford supporters. Was surprised to read that Stamford were ‘walking’ the game until they had a man sent off, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Good news is the guy who was taken to hospital was released last night. The bus had to go to Leighton and wait over an hour, not the best of days for our visitors.

awesome lads absolutely a different class, one and two touch passing all afternoon, like watching Brazil but even better!

Each and every player played his part today, real value for money roll on Monday!

P.s. Neil let me know when you have got 2 away shirts (small and medium size) cheers.

A very good performance indeed, rarely troubled although against 10men for that long should take its toll.
Mike’s right about the officials though - even early on at Lincoln they had 3 bookings for bad tackles. It does appear they are clamping down a bit and without the likes of connors in our side we should benefit even more.

What I am suprised about is that no one has mentioned the gates- 377 and 353 when did we last open with gates that high? Given the traditional bad turn out at this time of year and lack of away fans on both occassions a very good solid 325-340 home support has been excellent and a fair few kids as well. Having good gates and the revenue it draws should not be overlooked in terms of keeping the team together.

Could it be the new good looking gatemen thats attracting the crowds ?

I’ll Nigel you said that! :wink: