1874 Northwich

C.J.

Good for you.

We don’t care about you 2012 Winsford. Your Not our rivals, your a tin pot club with no history and even less future. Go away please.

I think you will find that it was a Witton fan who started this thread (under Other Football, please note) - so someone cares, and if you don’t, then I suggest you simply ignore the thread.
Unless of course you actually do care and are maybe just a tiny bit concerned that we won’t “go away” from the local football scene and that one day this may affect your club (or, heaven forbid, we end up in the same League after all and you have to face us on the field)

Football is irrelevant, the issue is long-term sustainability.

[quote=“Pete” post=62753]Not sure how the figures would stack up for renting your ground whilst we are a NWCL team.
We are new and still learning, some things we are getting right and some things we need to improve on.
The rent at your ground is £1k a week or £1k a game (can’t remember what I read) but even at the cheaper ‘game’ price that is several hundred pounds a game dearer than we are currently committed to. To move in with you in the hope that more Vics fans would watch us would be incredibly risky and totally opposite to the philosophy of 1874. Our experience with Vics is a lesson we have learned well. Frustrating though it may be for us we have to live within our means and follow the path that so many trust run clubs around the country follow. It will give us stability and a future. Much the same philosophy as your club is run by and it works for you?
I don’t think the rent for your ground is unreasonable, just more than we can afford. Bit like looking at the nice detached houses when you are first buying - good value for money but out of your reach. Like most clubs in our position when we do move back into Northwich it will be some kind of ‘partnership’ that provides us with a ground and someone else with what they need. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.
One thing it does do is make it easier for you and Vics to negotiate for the next two years. They will be around as long as the ‘money source’ doesn’t dry up and you’ld be silly not to take it. The one risk I would see for you is becoming dependent on their rent and struggling when it does dry up.
In the meantime we have to be patient and grit our teeth and find other ways to score points over you lot in the local banter!! :wink:
FAO Paul - it’s brave of me to come on here - hope you appreciate that.[/quote]

I think this is one of the most sensible posts ever made by a VICs fan on our forum since I have been involved with our club (1990).

No need to insult him! :wink:

Very sensible post from AFC1874 PETE and very brave to come on here with constructive comments. I have no axe to grind with 1874 vics because the guys who run it are ok and are honourable people. As I always say to James Wood who is a decent lad its not his fault his mum and dad put him in green and white nappies!! What I like is that Pete is saying that they the AFC Vics people don’t blame us for taking Mr Rushe’s money and I agree with him that this is ok provided we don’t become reliant on it.
This means we need to change our culture at Witton Albion if we are to be a force again and we need to get a lot better at choosing the right football management people which to my mind has been a disaster this last couple of years. I’m not having a go here at individuals but quite honestly we don’t seem to learn from past mistakes thats the worry here when there are other factors within the club that are going so well.