AFC Telford United vs. Witton Albion

Shezzer i talked to some Witton fans that saw MM kick out at DC. They also said that he gave the ref no option but to send him off.<br>I know that MM will feel bad that he let everyone down by getting sent off,<br>This is only the 2nd time that i have seen Mike get sent off. Hes not a dirty player and i dont know why he kicked out at DC.<br>I can only give Mike my full support. And look forward to seeing him back in the side scoring goals again ;D

Its frustrating that we still can’t get our strongest 11 on the pitch. We’ll get Whalley and Connors back but then lose MM for a few games through suspension!! Its promising to think what kind of team we will be able to field though in a few weeks.<br>If MM was sent off for a kick, i can’t imagine it being malicious. Thats not Mike’s style really is it?<br><br>The only negative from yesterday is that i thought we should of got Jimi Hendrix on a bit earlier to use his pace on the counter attack.

By far the best side to come to the NBH for a while [smiley=applause_smiley.gif]. Certainly much better than the Vic’s who we easily beat in a PSF earlier this month.<br><br>I thought your passing was excellent and the game looked really well balanced until the sending-off. That seemed to galvanise the side into steppting up a gear.<br><br>Shooting poor from both sides, (apart from Fozzies goal!), also I think you need to re-think the Goalie tactic, it rarely works, and the dangers are not far away if the opposition re-gain possession.<br><br>It would be ironic if the Albion go up (via play-offs of course) and the Vics come down…Some excellent encounters there then.<br><br>Cheers

Keeper scored with a great header from a corner on Saturday in similar circumstances, so was probably worth a try! However, he maybe should of got back to his own penalty box a bit quicker!! Game was already lost by then though to be fair.

UniBond Premier Division - Monday August 28th 2006<br><br>AFC Telford United 3 Witton Albion 1 att 1,897<br><br>Team: Worsnop; Spearritt, Pritchard, Barras, Hockenhull (Brownhill 78); Peers (Brown Alistair 73), Brown Alex, Jones, Gahgan (Hendricks 84); Moseley, Warlow.<br><br>Man of Match Tom Spearritt n/b Mark Jones<br><br>Despite losing Mike Moseley on 26 minutes, after Coventry referee Murphy was probably the only person to see an off the ball incident with Moseley adjudged to have kicked Dean Craven, Albion gave a very good account of themselves and the final score-line somewhat flattered the home side.<br><br>In the opening 10 minutes Adam Warlow, Mark Peers and Chris Gahgan all had shots and it wasn?t until the 17th minute that Jon Worsnop had to produce a save, diving to his right to smother Gary Hay?s 20 yard drive. Three minutes after Moseley?s dismissal Gahgan floated in a ball and the shaven headed central defender Richard Teesdale was much relieved when his attempted headed clearance bounced on top of the crossbar. It was Gahgan again on 34 minutes who, having worked himself into the box, this time saw his shot finger tipped onto the crossbar by keeper Stuart Brock. A distance shot from Alex Brown went a foot wide whilst at the other end Steve Foster?s attempt ended in the side netting.<br><br>It was a minute into first half stoppage time that Albion took the lead, Peers had just managed to get his pass to Brown before he went crashing to the ground injuring his wrist, Brown quickly played the ball to ADAM WARLOW who fired across Brock with the ball going into the net off the far post to register his 4th goal for Witton.<br><br>Brown saw his shot held low down by Brock seven minutes after the break but when Telford ended up with a corner on 56 minutes, when really the ball should have been cleared it brought them an equaliser. The flag kick directed at midriff height, across the box from the right, with Indy Khela getting in to convert past Worsnop from close range.<br><br>Albion continued to have a lot of the ball but were at times guilty of failing to make the final pass tell and this brought about Telford?s 2nd goal on 75 minutes with Steve Foster gaining possession after a move down the left was halted. The ex Radcliffe star fairly cracking the ball from 25 yards out giving Worsnop little chance. Liam Brownhill then made a timely challenger, two minutes after coming on to deny Hay a shooting chance.<br><br>The match ended in very controversial circumstances, Triston Hendricks cross from the left was missed by Brock and as Warlow strived to reach the loose ball Richard Beale looked to have impeded him, no penalty kick awarded just a corner from the offender?s touch. Up came Worsnop, just like Saturday, this time though the ball was cleared but only to Brownhill. However instead of launching the ball back into the danger area he dwelt on the ball and when challenged by Telford?s Glenn Tolley lost possession and thus presented the gift of an unattended net to run at, to which Tolley duly obliged.<br><br>Nevertheless a very encouraging performance in front of well over 100 travelling supporters but Moseley will now have to serve a three match suspension, sitting out both the FA Cup and Cheshire Senior Cup ties plus the home league match against Ashton United, thus denying the great Frank Fidler the opportunity to see his modern day equivalent.<br>

:-/ Decent match report Andy, which encapsulates what happened at Telford yesterday. Sometimes when you read a match report, you wonder whether the guy who has written the match report has been to the same game that you’ve been to. Not the case here!<br><br>Obviously the sending off of Mike Moseley was the key turning point in the game (I only saw the incident from the corner of my eye, but although obviously very much out of character, the red card decision nevertheless looked to be justified) but for thirty minutes or so after being reduced to ten men, the Albion looked to be far the better team, in fact you could hardly tell that it was they who were at a numerical disadvantage.<br><br>It was only the softish 56th minute equaliser that got AFC Telford back into the game, and after that, with the home side pressing forward and the visitors starting to tire, unfortunately there looked to be the one winner, as was proved at the final whistle.<br><br>However, if the Albion can repeat the level of first half performance for the remainder of the league campaign, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be there or thereabouts at the business end of the season next May.

It will be interesting to see how long Warlow stays for. The longer we can extend the loan spell the better it will be for the both him and us. Also, with the form Nicky maybard is in for Crewe at the minute, Dario must appreciate the excellent footballing education his lads get at the Albion!!<br><br>Whats the situation with Frosty and Griff Jones? Are they out for a while?

I am sure Jim will take steps to ensure that we have enough fire power to keep us up there.<br><br>Whilst obviously disappointed that we lost (and even more disappointed not to have been there) the key thing now is pick ourselves up, take the positives from this game and get after Kendal(?) on Saturday. I think we have seen enough to know now that we can compete with what this league will throw at us this year and be in the mix at the end. Even the Telford guys acknowledge that we have a good side playing some great football. So let’s put this behind us and start looking forward to Saturday.<br><br><br><br>

WE lost but at least we can take a rook of positives from that. <br><br>Just a quick glance at the table our tough start looks even tougher now Kendal and Matlock have had reasonable starts!<br><br>Interestingly a virtually identical start to last season, do people think we have done better or worse this year? On the basis of the players we are missing I’d say we’re progressing very well!<br><br>Some high gates around as well at the moment - wonder if there’s any chance of seeing followings like we had at Telford or Ferriby at Wincham Park!

i’m more confident than at this point last year, and i trust jim to keep us heading in the right direction. ste connors is a big miss at the moment coz he bosses the midfield like a non-leage steve gerrard!!!<br>With the injuries i think we’re lacking options in the striking positions, although both whalley and peers could fill in if required i’m sure.<br>i like our shape, and movement. Aslong as we can cope with some of the more physical teams we will face this year then i’m, sure we’ll be up there come may.