Albion memorabilia

I was doing some clearing out at my mother’s old house today, and found some (very) old Witton stuff. Which led me to wonder, what is the oldest piece of Albion memorabilia, excluding programmes, that anyone still has?

The boot bag did sterling service with my cricket gear, was definitely in regular use until 2003 when I moved abroad, no idea why it was in my mum’s garage! I reckon the ‘dead dead good’ shirt was early 90s, but I would guess the oldest of these is the ‘Mid-Cheshire’s Finest’ shirt.

Still got this Witton Albion tie from the mid 1980s I think. Definitely Central Ground days.

1 Like

Did anyone take any mementos from the Central Ground? I remember after the final game there deciding to walk out and not look back. I didn’t revisit the area until after Sainsbury’s opened, had no wish to see the old place undergoing demolition.

I’ve got a photo frame with a selection of Witton photos in it. One is of Central Ground as it is being demolised.

Another photo is of a Witton team of the past in black and white.

I didn’t take any mementos - but I have so MANY happy memories of the Central Ground.

One of my most treasured is this pic, which I believe was taken around 1966 - there I am, 3rd from the right, in between the kid with the bobble hat and the kid with a school cap, looking directly at the camera. I think the pic was taken by a photographer from the Guardian or the Chronicle.

We sometimes used to walk round to the other end at half time, just to be behind the goal to will the ball in! There was nothing like seeing a Trevor Ogden header hit the back of the net…
FB_IMG_1598816291084

1 Like