Albion v. North Ferriby

2 - 0 up at half time according to BBC web site. Keep it going lads.

ended 2-2. 2 goals in the last 10 mins. Best team for the first hour. still look good for a playoff spot at least.

Cracking game, should have won it but the last 3 games have shown we are more than a match for the best teams in this league.<br>The fact we’re so disappointed must speak volumes for the work Benny and especially Jim have done in such a short space of time.<br>Top 5 place not in doubt if we keep this up.<br> [smiley=banane.gif]

Excellent first half performance where we shouldve had the game won but missed chances proved costly in the end.<br><br>Even in the 2nd half we created enough to have secured all three points but instead they got the draw they hardly deserved.<br>Man of the match? Without doubt debutant Nicky Maynard who was a constant threat right till the final whistle.<br><br>It was cruel on Witton but again we have shown that we don’t need to fear anyone in this league and playing like this our future looks very bright under Jim and Benny’s leadership.

Sorry to disagree with most reports on this match but for me it was just another stupid performance by the team in the last 10 minutes. If we played in a league where games lasted 80 minutes we would walk it. Think back over the last few years when hoped for promotion has been lost by stupid errors being made in the last few minutes. God, ome only have to go back to the Bradford game a few weeks ago for an example. I sincerely hope that Mr Phillips is not being the "nice man" I was informed he was when he was manager because we don’t need "nice" what we need is some "BLOODY STEEL". I, for one will need a lot of convincing over the next few games that the team has been given the message that throwing away points in the last few minutes by rank bad play is simply unacceptable. By the way, I forcast we would give away an equaliser in the last few minutes to some North Ferriby supporters, they informed me that the top salary at their club was ?60 a week so no more talk of the players at Witton being underpaid. They have failed to produce for many seasons, it is time the earned their corn. ???

Below is the Ferriby view on the game<br><br><br>North Ferriby United were blown away for 80 minutes by a Witton Albion <br>side bolstered by two loan signings from Crewe Alexandra but showed <br>tremendous character to come back and claim a valuable point in the final 10 <br>minutes. <br><br>Ferriby left Albion manager Jim Vince a disappointed man, "I thought we <br>had the points in the bag but Ferriby showed why they are top of the league <br>in the way they came back from the dead." <br><br>His opposite number Brain France was satisfied with the point, "It was <br>probably one of our worst performances of the season but I would have <br>been happy with a draw at kick off. The defence gave us the platform to come <br>back into the game so I’ve told Rob Dewhurst that he is not allowed to <br>retire after his performance today!" <br><br>Witton went for the jugular from the kick off and should have opened <br>the scoring after only six minutes when the outstanding Nicky Maynard, who <br>joined Albion on loan this week from Crewe, fired in a left wing cross <br>which was wasted when the unmarked Liam McGuire blasted the ball well over <br>the crossbar. <br><br>It took Albion only a further six minutes to break the deadlock. Paul <br>Farley brought Mike Moseley down near the goal line and referee Pownall <br>pointed straight to the penalty spot. Steve Connors hammered the kick home <br>giving Paul Sharp no chance. <br><br>Ben Morley crashed through a tackle in midfield and unleashed a 25 yard <br>drive which flew narrowly wide but it was a rare bright moment for a <br>strangely subdued Ferriby. <br><br>Albion doubled their lead three minutes from the interval with a goal <br>from their other Crewe loan player Rob Lloyd. Connors cut the ball back from <br>the left wing for David Ness to launch a high looping cross into the <br>Ferriby goalmouth. Sharp punched to the edge the penalty area under pressure <br>where Lloyd calmly controlled the ball before driving it beyond the keeper. <br><br>Maynard and former Liverpool trainee Mark Peers ran riot immediately <br>after the break and would have put the game out of reach of Ferriby but for <br>some outstanding defending and goalkeeping, and some wayward finishing. <br><br>Peers fired over twice and Maynard produced a good low save from Sharp <br>as Ferriby struggled to gain any sort of foothold in midfield. Dewhurst <br>was outstanding as Witton threw themselves forward incessantly, proving a <br>tower of strength as he inspired his colleagues Andy Thompson, Paul Farley <br>and Chris Gowen to a superb defensive display throughout the second half. <br><br>Brian France introduced Joe Lightowler and Leon Wainman in an effort to <br>turn the tide but it was Dewhurst who produced Ferriby’s first second half <br>strike on goal with a 25 yard free kick which was deflected for a corner kick <br>which Farley headed over. <br><br>Maynard brought another excellent save from Sharp before the Villagers <br>stunned the crowd with a goal after 81 minutes. A left wing corner from <br>Joel Hartley found Andy Thompson unmarked on the far side of area and the <br>full back left Witton keeper Jon Kennedy groping fresh air as the shot flew <br>into the net. <br><br>Within a minute Mark Jones opened up the Ferriby defence for Peers to <br>drive goalwards only to be thwarted by another excellent save from Sharp. The <br>vociferous home crowd were stunned two minutes from time when Ferriby <br>snatched an equaliser. Thompson, Chris Bolder and Ben Morley combined <br>to release Wainman 25 yards out. The striker left two opponents trailing <br>in his wake before driving past the exposed Kennedy. <br><br>Maynard had an opportunity in stoppage time to seal all three points <br>but blazed his shot high over the stand as Dewhurst, who didn’t deserve to <br>be on a losing side, and his team closed out the game. <br><br><br>

Reckon the Ferriby webmaster must have been looking at all my notes. See the NLP for confirmation