Albion vs Altrincham - Friendly

Did anyone go to the friendly tonight? (im sure the tannoy on saturday said there was a match on tonight)<br><br>If so anyone know the score?

Lost 2-1 i am informed,

Good match, 1/2 strength witton team, v full strength alty, and in truth witton were the better side, however alty had an offside goal and witton denied a stonewall penalty by a certain G_E but it was good in the respect that a number of reserves and fringe players had runouts and all performed pretty well v a conference team. [smiley=applause_smiley.gif]

Definite penalty.<br><br>Saved our penalty taker’s blushes as we were bound to miss it.<br><br>GE<br>

1. < GRAHAM EDGELEY ?

Sounds like a typical ref we have had all season, [smiley=ranting.gif]<br>GE you havent written a book have you ?<br>one which all Unibond Officials have to adhere to.<br>Might explain the sudden drop in standard

Very harsh towards GE. Ive had the pleasure of him reffing a game i participated in and have no qwarms with him. And we did get beat before you ask how many we won. Id go as far to say he is much better then one bus driver we all know and hate. Yes the SKUM fan Billy Smallwood. [smiley=nono.gif]

come on lads it was only a friendly ::slight_smile:

[smiley=cheezy.gif]

I think I could get my 5 year old to ref a game better than Billy Bigtime and as for GE I think he’s been a fine ref over the years and for a man of his age does manage to get that 20 yards either side of the halfway line very well ;D

GE = The White Uriah Rennie!!!

Not quite got the [smiley=banane.gif] as Uriah!!<br><br>GE<br>

GE 20 yards either side of the half-way line? Now that would be a first! Didn’t you know his nickname is "Edge" as in "Edge of the Centre-Circle"<br> :wink: ;)<br>

Too right.<br><br>I was a lot happier when they changed the measurement of the centre circle to metric - it got smaller!!!<br><br>GE<br>

Not like Wittoners giving the ref stick.<br><br>

Off to London tomorrow for Christmas so shall miss the Telford game, give the lads a cheer for me. And ain’t it great news that the two lads from Crewe will be with us a while longer. If we can keep them until Adam Foy is fit again we will be in with a real chance of winning this league.<br>WHS

Re refs.<br> They are human beings with feelings (I think) so lay off hey? Seriously, I think football fans and players should take a leaf out of Rugby’s book and accept that refs make mistakes but for the duration of the match they are in charge and should be given some respect. Call them idiots after the game if you like, but having done a couple of games years ago I know how difficult the job is. If we accept that Refs don’t intentionally make mistakes and never actually cheat we will go a long way to giving them a fair hearing.<br>WHS<br>PS Did you see that tirade against Refs in the local press the other week? What a Prat!!!

What do you expect when the same paper keeps calling that other lot "The Trickies"