Ashton Utd vs Witton

Just been on their website and they have a good preview of the game with a few interesting snippets re us and our local area.

Also noted their last few attendances were 100,176,165 and 122.

I think we will take at least 100 their tomorrow - Hope they’ve ordered enuff pies!!

I will be following closely on the web.
WHS.

Some decent odds available, think I’m going for 4-0;

Ashton Utd 13/5 Bet
Draw 5/2 Bet
Witton Albion 4/5 Bet

Correct Score Others On Request

Ashton Utd Win

1-0 15/2 Bet
2-0 16/1 Bet
2-1 11/1 Bet
3-0 50/1 Bet
3-1 33/1 Bet
3-2 40/1 Bet

Match Draw

0-0 10/1 Bet
1-1 6/1 Bet
2-2 12/1 Bet
3-3 66/1 Bet

Witton Albion Win

1-0 11/2 Bet
2-0 6/1 Bet
2-1 7/1 Bet
3-0 14/1 Bet
3-1 14/1 Bet
3-2 25/1 Bet
4-0 33/1 Bet
4-1 33/1 Bet
4-2 66/1 Bet

Half Time/Full Time

Ashton Utd - Ashton Utd 11/2 Bet
Ashton Utd - Draw 16/1 Bet
Ashton Utd - Witton Albion 28/1 Bet
Draw - Ashton Utd 7/1 Bet
Draw - Draw 4/1 Bet
Draw - Witton Albion 7/2 Bet
Witton Albion - Ashton Utd 40/1 Bet
Witton Albion - Draw 16/1 Bet
Witton Albion - Witton Albion 7/4 Bet

JUst 1-0 will do for me but I doubt it will do Adam or Mike!!!
WHS

Witton team

Kennedy, Hockenhull, Brownhill, Pritchard, Lloyd, Spearritt, Alex Brown, Connors, Warlow, Moseley, Peers.

Subs: Griff Jones, Clegg, Proffitt.[br][size=1]Posted on: March 03, 2007, 02:45:25 PM[/size][hr]Latest Score: ASHTON UNITED 1 WITTON ALBION 0.[br][size=1]Posted on: March 03, 2007, 03:40:55 PM[/size][hr]Latest Score: ASHTON UNITED 2 WITTON ALBION 0.[br][size=1]Posted on: March 03, 2007, 03:42:48 PM[/size][hr]Half Time Score: ASHTON UNITED 2 WITTON ALBION 0.

Is Barras injured? How are we playing? It doesn’t look good for us at the moment.
WHS.

Bugger! Any reports???

Hopefully we are playing downhill with a force 10 gale at our backs second half!

Come on the Albion!

Telford game delayed for half an hour to clear standing water off the pitch.
WHS.

Barras serving a one game ban. Witton not playing as we have done lately.

Telford losing 2-1 at home to Kendal.[br][size=1]Posted on: March 03, 2007, 04:14:02 PM[/size][hr]Witton Substitution: Darren Hockenhull replaced by Griff Jones.[br][size=1]Posted on: March 03, 2007, 04:24:33 PM[/size][hr]Ashton down to 10 men following retaliation on Steve Connors.

Connors booked.[br][size=1]Posted on: March 03, 2007, 04:30:47 PM[/size][hr]Witton Substitution: Alex Brown replaced by Ross Clegg.[br][size=1]Posted on: March 03, 2007, 04:32:21 PM[/size][hr]Latest Score: ASHTON UNITED 2 WITTON ALBION 1.

Pritch pulls a goal back for the Albion.

Witton Substitution: Mark Peers replaced by Dorryl Proffitt.[br][size=1]Posted on: March 03, 2007, 04:41:56 PM[/size][hr]Latest Score: ASHTON UNITED 2 WITTON ALBION 1.

Griff Jones missed from the spot.

How long left? Telford kicked off late. Even a draw would be a good result if Telford do not win.
WHS.[br][size=1]Posted on: March 03, 2007, 04:50:40 PM[/size][hr]Not another penalty miss!!!
WHS.

Full Time Score: ASHTON UNITED 2 WITTON ALBION 1.[br][size=1]Posted on: March 03, 2007, 05:02:18 PM[/size][hr]Telford 2-2 and down to 10 men, striker Steve Foster given a straight red.

Telford 2-2, objects thrown at the linesman and a fan ran on the pitch to grab the flag from the linesman’s grasp.

Just when we were on a roll!!! DAMN!!!DAMN!!! and Vics lost to bottom club, who will get the back page of the Guardian now?
WHS

I for one am fed up with our penalty misses this season. I don’t care how well we’ve been playing. To miss as many as we have is abysmal. We went out of the Trophy because of a penalty miss. Now we’ve missed another crucial one that might be the difference between going up or staying down.

There’s no excuse.

Steady on Billywho - yes it is costly to miss penalties, but to have a pop at the lads after a defeat won’t encourage any. Yes, its disappointing to have lost today, but please support the team and management. Most posters on this forum, have not resorted to negative posts for the last 3-4 months, why? because there hasn’t been anything negative to write about (unless you include the Guardian). It’s a massive game on Tuesday, and whilst todays result wasn’t the desired one there will be plenty more twists and turns til the end of the season.

Come on WWWWWIIIIIIITTTTTTTTEEEEEEERRRRRNNNNNN!!

Just one of those games today,crap pitch,crap ref especially first half. We played ok tho,think ours was an own goal and not pritch!
Another penalty miss,hit the bar (unlucky Griff!). But with Telford only drawing its not that bad,we’re goin to drop points between now and the end of the season,at least if we do it now we could go on another good run,starting on Tuesday!

Point taken, Macca. We’ve got a fantastic team and are having a great season. All will be revealed at the end of the season as to how much impact they’ve had, so the jury’s final verdict is not yet in. We were probably never going to win the Trophy.

No one tries to miss a penalty. Anyone can miss the odd penalty - it’s just regarded as a blip. But when you’ve missed as many as we have, there’s obviously a problem that shouldn’t be swept under the carpet. It’s probably a bit late in the season to ‘improve’ any of the team members’ ability to take a penalty, so we’ll just have to press on in hope.

Put it this way. If we get a penalty against Telford on Tuesday, I have a feeling that they’ll be slightly more confident we’ll miss it than they ought to be.

Very disappointing, poor pitch (althought steady ours won’t be a bowling green on Tuesday!) Any help tomorrow on the ground between 10.30am and around 4pm would be most appreciated by Spucie.

We did create 2 clear cut chances 1st half, miss a pen and hit the post and that save from Warlow was top draw in the 2nd half. They should have had it out of sight mind with tht open goal and I thought the pen was very harsh so maybe a pretty even game?

People thought I was being pessimistic when I say remember the 5s and 7s when we can’t buy a goal - today was that day, its a bout results over 42 games not 10.

I believe the momentum is still with us, and the squad can win us the league.

Keep supporting on Tuesday - we could be out numbered so get behind the lads!

The curse of the club of the month strikes again!

Well, not as bad as it could have been with Telford dropping 2 home points and Hednesford losing. Good wins for Marine and Burscough. Matlock off, so they still can get close to us.

Normal service to resume on Tuesday?

Billywho - we never had a penalty in the Trophy, it was the FA Cup. And i might be being negative here, but i don’t think we’d of won that particular piece of silverware!!!

Annoyed today a little bit. Them down to 10, we miss a penalty. Yes Telford dropped 2 points at home, plus had a man sent off so a bad day for them, so we don’t lose too much ground. However, had we won today it would of increased the pressure on them tenfold.

But, in Jim we trust. So onwards and upwards for Tuesday. If we beat them it’s still very much in our hands.

Just feel that with losing to Leek on Boxing Day, and then losing today, we’re dropping points in games we really should be winning. Anyway, the pub is calling me so i’m off to drown my sorrows…

Big game tomorrow for the Supporters Team…

We lost today because of a stubborn refusal to even try to adapt to the conditions. Ashton didn’t create one clear cut chance themselves. We gifted them two chances, one of which was squandered because of the pitch, and their second goal was an opportunist effort from what was not really even a half chance. Did Kennedy have a save to make? But our tactics were utterly inept, and we got what we deserved. The playing surface was abysmal but we tried to play pretty football on it, which got us nowhere. Why did we keep on trying and trying when it was bleeding obvious that that was no way to play. We’re not the Harlem Globetrotters, entertainment is important but winning has to be the number one priority.
The ref’s performance was awful, but not the reason we lost. I can only assume that the penalty decision was an attempt to make up for his one-way decisions throughout the majority of the game. No choice with the red card to the Ashton guy, but to book Steve Connors was ridiculous and unjustifiable, just as ridiculous as awarding the penalty. Three minutes time added on at the end was farcical, there was almost that much time wasted before the penalty was taken.
We hit the woodwork twice (I thought the penalty went over the line and out after hitting the underside of the bar), and their keeper made two great saves, but we can’t really claim to have been unlucky. We got what we deserved, and probably Ashton got three more points than they deserved, but we have to get back on track on Tuesday.