Belgian Boys.

http://EXAMPLE.com/media/kunena/attachments/324/Bachelor’sHall.jpg
Dear All,
When the Belgian refugees were here in WWI Witton entertained them at the old Central Ground and let them in for free. They also organised a collection when they came. Amongst their number would have been Frans Buyssens and Henri Joseph Burghys two ten year old boys. Sadly neither returned home with their families as they both died in 1915 of peritonitis and were buried in Northwich cemetery. We have arranged for a headstone to finally be put on their grave and there will be a service at 11-00am on Monday 28th November which will be attended by the Honorary Consul of Belgium from Manchester, the Dean of Humanities from Chester University, the Town Mayor and several other dignitaries but all are welcome. I hope I will be forgiven for putting this on this web site but I thought as they had watched Witton some of you might be interested. They were housed at Bachelor’s Hall in Winnington Lane. (Now gone.) I hopefully add a picture of their home in England.
WHS.

There will be a reception in the Chapel Hall inside the grounds of the cemetery where tea, coffee and biscuits will be available.
WHS.