Blyth Spartans vs Witton Albion

4-2 Blyth. Even these commentators say we deserved a point though.

Get nowt for hard luck though and good performances - and theres nowt wrong with winning ugly, especially when the R words involved.

Big disappointment in the games has to be the amount of goals we’ve conceded in the 80th minute onwards.

Need a win Tuesday, and a Titch hat trick!

UTA

Lets not dress this up any longer, the side is simply not good enough. Relegation fodder we are. Thank god Frickley lost again! Pathetic isn’t it. SBL

We played really well in the first half but went missing in the second But deserved a point. Still think we’ve got enough to stay up. Frickley and Stamford are must wins.
Got a feeling it’s goin to be a long coachride home .argument

From listening to the game on the radio, I thought the comment from the commentator summed up our season he said “Witton have played really well, but defended poorly at key moments in the game, but Witton had enough chances to win the game” (or words to that effect)

Personally still think we have enough to stay up UTA

Game of 2 halfs, which was down to the wind. First half we had it and were on top. Second half they had the wind. The penalty was one of those that always gets given forward running diagonally away from goal, coops dived for the ball and the player went down. Third was from a corner where coops was fouled. Fourth we got caught on the counter from our corner, coops made a great save 1 on 1 then someone blocked on the line and they scored at third attempt. We had a couple of chances and they road their luck. Never quite goes for you when you’re at the bottom. Still think we have more than enough to stay up. Fans were quality today.

Well, listening to the commentators on local radio (not noted for being unbiased, no matter how much I’m sure the commentators try), their words seconds before we conceded the fourth were “Witton have been brilliant, and deserve at least a point from this game”. This playing against the division’s form side. Going on this, I think your comments are based on the result, not the team’s performance today.
In the end, results are what matter, and they clearly haven’t been good enough overall, but in my opinion today is the wrong time for criticism.

Just got home from what’s been a long away day. Scoreline aside its been a great day.
It was a good laugh on the bus with loads of banter and during the game the 20 or so of us completely outsang the 300 Spartans and if we go down or not, that for me is what being a witton fan is all about!!
UTA

There were a few of us women there too you know UTA great day despite the result and for the record the goal was josh hancocks Powell never touched the ball and I did tell him that on the coach :goal :clap

I was sat next to Jonny and Mark who were commentating on the game. I thought it was mostly fair although they did see one or two decisions through rose tinted glasses! As I probably would if I were in that position.

Blyth is a top club, run well with some great volunteers. However the Witton fans did outsing the home fans and it sounded great.

It was .:frowning:

Blyth Spartans are a great club, friendly people, good facilities and apart from the result it was an enjoyable afternoon.
The wind played a massive part in the game and had we got a 3rd goal before half time which we almost did then it could of been a totally different outcome.
Credit to the lads as for most of the game we looked the better side so for comments slating the team for not being good enough from people who weren’t at the match makes my blood boil!
The following was superb yesterday and the 20 fans certainly made some noise and considering a 8 hour round trip it proves that Witton fans are some of the best in the league.
On to Tuesday night now and another tough game but lets get down in numbers and make some noise!
UTA

http://youtu.be/Q-hJYYmzE10

Pretty conclusive from that that it was a dive for the penalty, and I reckon more often than not Blyth’s third would have been given as a foul on the 'keeper. But when it aint going for you . . .

No slating of the team from me, but it is a FORUM and people are entitled to their opinion, just because they didn’t go to a game doesn’t make there opinion on the season less valid, and the way people are going on its like the first time we’ve played away at Blyth!!! its always bloody cold and the distance has never changed! I’ve been there on a number of occasions and never seen us win - Mind the view from the bar ain’t that great :wink:

Respect to those who went and gave great support yesterday.

Fact remains late goals in recent games are costing us dear - Trafford, Worksop, Blyth, Marine off memory in the last half dozen or so games have cost us points that we’re desperate for, switching off at key times is costing us dear, but its nothing that Pritch doesn’t know.

If we’re not careful we’ll become Evostik equivalent of Scotland (unlucky, great support but ultimately defeated)!

I have not been to as many games as I would like but what I have seen has not been that bad, mainly lacking a striker who could put chances away and I am sure Titch will fix that. We rarely get stuffed and it will not take a lot to get us winning on a regular basis. FC United won’t be easy but I am sure we can win enough games to stay up.
WHS. :cheer:

I take it Andy Chad was referring to my comment and I dont see the problem in me being annoyed at SBL saying our result yesterday was pathetic!
My point was the team played well yesterday and got applauded off the pitch with the fans singing ‘we are Albion’ ringing in their ears, they also had a round of applause on the coach home so to hear moans from people who weren’t there is out of order in my view.
If the team are relegated but put in that sort of performance every week then il be a proud Wittoner, but I believe if we play like that every week we will finish well outside the bottom 4

well said Y R :clap

The league table doesn’t lie, we are in our present position because our results haven’t been good enough and we haven’t shown any real consistency. Having said that, I firmly believe that there are a number of teams in this league that are a lot worse than we are. Having to play some of those teams will go a long way towards deciding where we finish.

Misread me YR, I meant about lookin over our shoulders at Frickley’s results. Any way over and out SBL