Blyth Spartans vs Witton Albion

Whilst it’s true that the table doesnt lie, it is also a fact that the squad now is better than it has been at any other point in the season.

I would say we now have a first XI that is good enough to be further up the table, but confidence is so far shot that it isn’t going to turn around overnight.

Any club at this level would benefit from having the likes of Titch, Walker, Bakkor, Andrews, Hancock, Jackson, Gards, Harrison, Brown, etc etc in their squad.

These players need to believe in themselves, and that starts with the supporters believeing in them first and foremost. This forum isn’t the place for negativity right now, and neither are the terraces.

The players and management need to hear encouragement and belief radiating from the fanbase.

These late goals are clearly a huge problem, but that does stem from a lack of confidence in our ability to keep teams out. The more it happens, then the more we will all fear it.

We need to try and get out of that mindset first and foremost, and i’m sure Pritch etc realise that this begins on the training ground.

It may have become a little cliched, but the (Gary Player?) quote “the more i practise, the luckier i get” certainly applies here. Hard work in training to eradicate mistakes, and increased confidence all around the club will get us out of this rut.

Don’t forget, we played Worksop off the park for much of the game just over a week ago. That shows we are good enough. We just need to maintain it for 90 minutes.

The one thing that made Ferguson’s United so good was their ability to play for 90 minutes. (Or 95 if they were losing!)
WHS.

this squad is a good one, all that they need is a good win under their belts. so that makes tomorrows game v fc united important, therefore may i suggest that ALL US WITTONERS get down to the h4h stadium and really cheer the lads on, weather permitting of course. we need to believe in OUR team, they usually put in 110% so why can’t we. come on you know you can doit let’s get there and SHOUTFOR WITTON ALBION.we are the only team in northwich.