Blyth V Witton Presidents Cup QF

Sorry I am late CPU problems.<br><br>Team:<br>Gibbo, Evans, Furnival, Farley(sicknote), Pritch(donut man), Barlow, Foy, Stannard, King, Moseley, Yates.<br><br>subs: Madin (Budgie), Burton, Baker.<br><br>Connors is cup-tied.

Update on 20mins.<br><br>Gibbo has made 2 very good stops & Andy Barlow has had a free-kick well saved. Bit of pressure on the Albion but still quite even.

Own goal scored around 26mins means it is:<br><br>Blyth Spartans 1-0 Witton Albion

The new ‘Scoreline Service’ latest score page can be found at <br><br>www.wittonalbion.co.uk/latest/latestscore.php<br><br>Suggest you right click and open in new window.<br><br>(Now you can get the bad news quicker!)<br>

Blyth Spartans 2-0 Witton Albion HT 241 attendance<br><br>Cut in from the left and hit the woodwork where the post meets the bar fell in. Gonna take some comeback now to stay in the competition. ?>:(<br><br> Yatesy just been given offside for Moseley walking back from offside position & Barlow has come close.<br><br>See you for the second half where Burton has replaced Evans! ?[smiley=banane.gif]

Blyth Spartans 2-1 Witton Albion<br><br> Furnival layed the ball wide from a free kick to barlow who whipped a cross in for Mike Moseley to score his 102nd goal for the Albion so we are still in it.<br><br>I was actually on the phone to Neil when it happened so big thanks to Neil for making me deaf on giving me the score.

Blyth Spartans 2-2 Witton Albion<br> Moseley 2<br><br>Bad kick from their keeper resulted in Foy having a shot from 30 yards which was either saved or hit the bar. Mike then ran in and tapped it into an empty net for Witton goal number 103! Great comeback so lets keep it going. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[smiley=3dbiggrin3.gif]<br><br>Even if it is a joke cup. Hope there’s no extra time!

Substitution: Baker on for Stannard (injured).<br><br>Apparently having a lot of the ball and having some good chances. ?:o<br><br>Althought I thought Brucy Forsyth would have been on to check the score.

Blyth Spartans 2-3 Witton Albion<br> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Moseley 2, Madin<br><br>King crossed for the Madin goal. couldn’t get much sense out of Neil.<br><br>3minute of injury time to go!!!

[smiley=3dbiggrin3.gif]<br><br> [smiley=banane.gif] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D [smiley=banane.gif]

It’s all over!!!<br><br>Blyth Spartans 2-3 Witton Albion Presidents Cup QF<br> Moseley 2, Madin<br><br> Sounds like the players were really chuffed to win and sounds like a great comeback. Shame their was only 8 fans and the bus driver who saw it but Semi Finals here we come. :o ;D :smiley: :wink: :slight_smile:

I think that is a great result, from being 2-0 down the manager obviously made a few changes and we win 3-2, when was the last time we did something like that, I was reading in the non league news that they were fielding a full strength squad for the first time in a long while so was a bit worried about the game but another step in the right direction. <br><br> Thanks Matt too for the updates, not quite as good as the live comentary of the workington game but much appreciated for us poor souls at work.

;D superb result lads well done

Been back about 10 mins - turned out to be a great day!<br><br>(Wasn’t so sure I’d made the right decision in going at HT, but it all turned out in the wash!!)<br><br>Excellent second half display. Whatever the Gary’s said at HT worked!<br><br>Well done - the 4.5 hour trip home was almost bearable!!

Well we’ve had shorter days but when that ball hit the net in the 93rd minute the frostbite seemed to disappear!<br><br>Apologies Akie for the deafening scream, I forgot I was on the phone for a second. And what do you mean you can’t get much sense out of me, not much different to normal I hear you say… anyway<br><br>You’ve pretty much got it all covered there akie. <br><br>The equaliser was a poor kick from their keeper which fell to Adam Foy, on recollection I think he was maybe more like 40 yards out and he sent it back and as it bounced it appeared to be heading for the post (keeper lobbed and an empty net) MM ran in with the defender and just beat the keeper to whack it home.<br><br>Just to add the game reminded me a lot of the Hyde game, only we took enough chances this time. some of the crosses into the box in the 2nd half were excellent.<br><br>Unsure about the officals, how many interpretations of the offside rule are there? when can you tackle a player so badly he goes flying off the pitch? Woeful.<br>thats not to ruin an excellent result though and our first away win since August at Matlock - yep its been that long! <br><br>Another similar showing next Saturday will be most welcome. Well done lads!<br>Semi finals here we come [smiley=banane.gif]<br><br>Finally glad the update service was used by some people - hopefully we can manage it a bit more often - Mike T can you PM me or Deb with details of how this new thing works pls. Cheers.<br><br>

what players done well and who never neil?thanks

guest - take it you’ve now read the match report.<br><br>Semi Final draw takes place this Wednesday details on UniBond and our own site as soon as known

I’ll be able to put the report on the msg board pretty quickly as i am free wednesday if anyone knows what time the draw is?