Champion Region

Had a letter printed in the Daily Mail about how well the North West is doing in ALL the major sports. Champions in the Football Premier League and FA Cup. Rugby League Premiership Champions, League Leaders Trophy and Challenge Cup and Lancashire County Cricket Champions and amazingly Sale are now second in the Rugby Union Premiership.
All we need now is for Witton to win the league and the FA trophy and Cheshire Senior Cup and my cup will runneth over!!
WHS.

I didn’t spot your letter WHS, I do buy the mail simply because of the sports coverage, I think Martin Samuel is spot on most weeks. I wrote to him myself about our great clubs gesture to have last seasons sponsors as ‘help for heroes’ and this year to name the stadium, alas he did reply to me personally but it didn’t make the press, maybe you could have more luck!

Yes I saw that WHS, of course it would be much better if witton and liverpool were in the list, but thats for next years letter of course. :wink:

I will have a go C.J, you never know, sometimes they print sometimes they don’t but I have had two in just latley; the other one was about the Modern Olympics originating at Much Wenlock in Shropshire having been initiated there in 1850 by Dr. William Penney Brookes.
WHS.