Clitheroe v. Witton Albion

Chance for Clitheroe on 81 minutes as Richard Baker’s corner falls to Jack Massey but he puts it over the Albion crossbar.

Yellow card:

Clitheroe’s Jack Massey on 87 minutes.

Well done lads :soccer::soccer::soccer: amazing and battled to the end.

4 minutes added time.

A great chance for Clitheroe on 90+1 minutes but Sefton Gonzales shot is saved by Danny Roberts in the Albion goal.

Red card:

Clitheroe’s Danny Wilkins - Straight Red on 90+ 4 minutes for a challenge as the last man.

His second dismissal in successive games

Full Time Score from The EcoGiants Stadium:

Clitheroe 0 Witton Albion 3.

Albion remain fifth in the table.

That’s a class result well done all. UTA

The first time we’ve ever beaten them.

Great result.

I remember beating them 8-0 in the League Cup when Darryl Dicken scored about 4 of them.
GE

1 Like

I hadn’t realised that.

I have since found that we did beat them in a Northern Premier League North Division fixture 1-0 at Clitheroe back in 2012 - the season we won the Play Off Final at Curzon Ashton.

Great result, well done all.

What a performance from Witton, Tom Pope led the front line brilliantly scoring from a corner at the back post then a bizarre goal from Rokka straight from the corner at his near post along the ground!

Hughes finished with a one to one with the keeper picking up an error from their centre back.

Danny Roberts was excellent in goal, every player deserves 10 out of 10 for this win against a very good Clitheroe team.

We had a good following from Witton supporters as well making a lot of noise, I think we have a strong squad now for the challenge to play offs.

Keep it up Witton. :+1:

2 Likes