Clitheroe vs. Witton Albion

Witton team:<br><br>Worsnop, Connors, Hockenhull, Adams, Pritchard, Barras, Spearritt, Mark Jones, Alex Brown, Moseley, Peers.

Latest Score: CLITHEROE 0 WITTON ALBION 1.<br><br>Darren Hockenhull 20 yard shot.

Latest Score: CLITHEROE 1 WITTON ALBION 1.

Latest Score: CLITHEROE 2 WITTON ALBION 1.

Latest Score: CLITHEROE 3 WITTON ALBION 1.

Full Time Score: CLITHEROE 3 WITTON ALBION 1.

ANY REPORTS ON THE GAME, IT WAS A BIT OF A SHOCK TO SEE THAT SCORE.

bit of a disappointment indeed - we didn’t really perform at all today and the goals came far too easily.<br><br>Personally I dont think the formation seemed to suit us yesterday and we’re a bit lightweight up front at the mo with Frost out for a month, Whalley, 4 games and Griff jaones 4 weeks - thats a helluva strike force-when available!<br><br>Hendrix and Brown looked impressive to me though - hopefully we got it out our system before next saturday!

Apologies for any mistakes in the team line up i was a bit confused to see twelve names. As Neil said, best we get that out of the way now rather than when the season starts.

Thought Witton were the better side in the first half and consistently broke forward and caused problems. had a couple of good chances which were wasted and, defensively, never seemed under real pressure.<br>Second half carried on the same way with opportunities to finish the game off.<br>The turning point was definitely when Jim started to change the side around and this left the team looking a bit lopsided.<br>I agree with the comment about 3-5-2 not suiting the side. The left wingback certainly looked out of place and didn’t really know when to push forward and when to defend. The three central defenders looked too slow to cover any ball that was played wide and were unsure of who to pick up in the middle of the field. It looked like we were playing the system to accomodate the players that have been brought in rather than find the right players to play the system

Disappointing to see us lose, but in the same way that we didn’t get too euphoric overr the barrow result, nor should we take this one too much to heart. I agree with Toon that the wheels started to come off after the substitutes started, aided and abetted by a defensive howler (good to get that one out of the way before next week!). We might be starting the season with a few injuries, but I think (hope) the remaining guys have enough talent and spirit to get us off to a decent start next week at North Ferriby - cos that’s what really matters, not Saturday.

Must admit I have serious misgivings about playing just the three at the back, who lets be honest are not the quickest in the league. a number of teams have quick wingers and I fear that we could come unstuck in a big way.<br><br>However its a matter of opinion .

3 at the back can work, but it absolutely relies on the wing backs being upto it, think hockenhull and brownhill are but maybe adams isnt, not been impressed so far, also the midfield three all need to know there jobs in this set up, I think they can do this really well, but when you make lots of changes then it can fall apart, im dissapointed that we have not been much steadier in selection over the last 2 games, to many changes in the 90 mins, at a time we need a bit of continuity ( injuries apart ) still think our best players are as good as anyone in the league ? but not much strength in depth - we may regret letting the ressies become a youth team ? they were certainly better prepared to step in than the fringe players we have now.