CLUB SHOP

Recent posts have recognised the need for supporters to get behind the club and raise more badly needed funds. So this is meant to be a constructive suggestion and in no way critical. I don’t know whether it has been discussed before but would it be possible for our club shop to be situated in a more promenent place? At present, if you didn’t know it was there you would not know it was there. (If you get what I mean). I know its a completely different scenario but if you look at the club shop at say Crewe Alex its right outside the ground and easily viewed by all. As we are encouraging families to attend matches and its coming up to christmas and merchandice is an essential source of income for all clubs it might be worth considering. SBL

Would it not be possible to use the turnstiles at that end of the ground? That way it filters people right past the shop and museum?

I would hope all witton fans know where the Club shop is,
I am sure that those turnstiles could be used instead, thanks for volunteering to empty them ,
oh and cue “It’s a long way to walk from the car park” “I like to get a brew as soon as I walk in” “We always kick towards the Lostock end in the first half”

For the greater good of the club and the unity of all I will happily empty the turnstiles, just let me know

Wasnt there an issue with the walk from the car park, as ME says? It’d be much better to come in that way, and get some footfall past the shop B)

Just an idea couldn’t the old junior Alb shed be used to sell club merchandise?

I personally think the Club Shop is easily accessible where it is, if you want to buy merchandise you will go to the shop.

It might be a great idea for the club to change the turnstiles once everybody has got used to the change, as it would also mean you have to walk past the Social Club to the turnstiles and maybe tempt a few to have a beer.

A possible great idea :slight_smile:

Again not intending to critise anyone and with my limited knowledge of the club it appears that most people are used to accessing the ground by way of the turnstyles from the car park end right by the food shop. Thats custom and practice, so it makes sense that the club shop should be situated around that area and be given far more high profile. Again, if you look at the club shop at both Crewe Alex and Nantwich Town the shop is right at the front of both stadiums, bright, new, high profile and stylish. You never know Josh could model his new underpants JH7 or WA7 !!! Ha SBL

Don’t say that mate,my daughter And her mate’s will be camped outside! :laugh:

So there u go!!! SBL

Adam had a spell of selling merchandise from the Club Shop in the Social Club before the Game and now that more stock has arrived could possibly do so again, at least up until Christmas, we have also looked into the possibility of using the Wincham end turnstiles initially on family Days, but may be worth giving it some more consideration, anything that we can do that may increase revenue without putting extra pressure on the already overstretched volunteers would be well worth a look at B)