Connett and Marston's Arena

This is great news for all those like me concerning Vics.Grant bosses who gave cash to help build Vics’ home ground can send Mike Connett a hefty bill if he starts to dismantle the stadium. The FSIF paid a six figure sum to the club before the Marston’s Arena was completed in 2005.

The grant was paid to Vics not Beaconet Limited, although ownership of the nine-acre site was transferred to the latter shortly after Connett took over the club four years ago. The sale of the ground is being overseen by property advisors GVA Grimley on behalf of Deloitte Touche who do say though that Connett is within his rights to empty the stadium of it’s contents. This company do have a charge over the lands and buildings though.

Personally I don’t see the point in Connett moving the contents of the ground such as the floodlights. What exactly does the idiot have to gain? Hopefully this is one step in retreiving the stadium back. The sooner Jim Rushe ties up a deal the better. Then at least we have a roof over are heads. Were on are way!

I couldnt care less. Get a job or go back to school.

UP THE ALBION!

I’m in my free period at SJD as you speak. Thank you!

DIE VICS DIE!!!

At least Tricky can then move on

I apologise in advance Rabbit for taking the bait.

Tricky wrote:

[quote]
Personally I don’t see the point in Connett moving the contents of the ground such as the floodlights. What exactly does the idiot have to gain? Hopefully this is one step in retreiving the stadium back. The sooner Jim Rushe ties up a deal the better. Then at least we have a roof over are heads. Were on are way![/quote]

I can see the point in Connett taking everything out of the ground.
If Rushe does manage to buy the ground, all he will have bought is some concrete, a few boardrooms, and some grass. You will have no floodlights, no seating, and no furniture inside. This means that no games will be able to be played there until said items are in place. Rushe will then need to buy these items and surprise surprise, Mr Connett has these things in stock, in the colour that you want them. He can sell you them and in the process make some money back.

Also, why did you start this topic in the General section of the Club Notices part of our forum? The Club Notices part of our forum is for things to do directly with Witton, not Vcs! If you want to post things about Vcs on our forum, I personally have no problem with that, it is just something else for me to laugh at. However, can you please, in future, post these topics about V*cs in the Other Teams section of our forum, where they belong.

Finally, you mean OUR not ARE, and WE’RE not WERE in your post!

Haven’t you got exams?:wink:

He’s too busy making more dirty washing for Mrs Dodger to do when he’s next home!

Moved, as requested.