Crewe Alexandra vs Witton Albion (CSC. Prelim).

Not looking good is it? Why when we are a lovely family club who try to do things the right way are we always imploding? We obviously have some cash from the “Devil” and some from the new ground sponsors so hopefully we can spend it well on some decent players. As for Mr Harris, I await someone actually offering to take his place and put in the hours of effort that he does on behalf of the club. Pritch got us promotion but it was Mr Harris who appointed him and backed him. Unless you know of an Arab Sheikh willing to put in a million or two I suggest you just get behind the people we do have.
WHS.

GOAL

Latest Score from The Alexandra Stadium:

Crewe Alexandra 3 Witton Albion 0.

Substitute Andre Brown increases the Alex lead on 52 minutes.

59 minutes - Chance for Jay Matthews but his shot goes wide.

Witton Substitution:

Alex Salmon replaced by Jon Dawson on 66 minutes.

79 minutes - Crewe close to a fourth but cleared off the line by Anthony Gardner.

GOAL

Crewe Alexandra 4 Witton Albion 0.

Crewe’s fourth from Callum Saunders on 82 minutes.

Witton Substitution:

Tom Schofield replaced by Kyle Parle on 88 minutes.

GOAL

Crewe Alexandra 5 Witton Albion 0.

Callum Saunders second on 88 minutes.

Full Time Score from The Alexandra Stadium:

Crewe Alexandra 5 Witton Albion 0.

Attendance: 266.

Will be interested to read other thoughts on the game. Despite the scoreline, I didn’t think we played particularly poorly, they were clearly a class above. The keeper made some great stops and Jay Matthews looked good on the left in the first half. I would be tempted to start him there on Saturday.

You could see signs of the passing football that Carl wants to play, although rolling the ball out from the back every time might create some hairy moments.

Disappointing scoreline but some positives to take. If we can put that much effort in on Saturday then we’ve got a good chance of a win.

I think most people are probably thinking the least said the better at the moment. Once again the club is going through a transitional period and are at present the whipping boys of the league. Hopefully Carl can bring in players this week to make a difference and give the deserved supporters something to cling on to. At the moment I feel we are in a long dark tunnel and I cannot see any light at the end of it. UTA

Clearly beaten by a much better side, we did not learn a lot really-still fragile, several good players off form and several not really good enough, still too early to judge anything about the manager but we still need 5-6 new players for the first 11 and hopefully that might inspire the rest to kick on and find form, surprised to hear Roberts has gone on loan somewhere when we desperately need good players-I understand he may be a bit disruptive but surely replace him when you have signed enough players to cover his loss. look forward to a host of signings pretty soon because we do need them to get out of this rut. UTA

A bit disruptive is putting it mildly CJ!

Spot on CJ. First game for a long time - oh dear what is going on - some players were just going through the motions showing no encouragement to the inexperienced lads. Obviously the manager was having a good look at the players he has inherited and on last nights performance against a strong Crewe team who played excellent he probably needs about 7 new players including a captain who he can trust . Well worth the £1 entrance fee as opposed to £6 ( Chairman take note )
Good luck for the rest of the season you just may need it.

On the plus side see the G&W sh*te have accumulated enough prize money to pay their rent :whistle:

Just an effort in diplomacy Mookie lol.

Didn,t go last night despite living 5 minutes from the Alex, but good to hear Eligorton went. Agree with him about admission prices which I believe were set at a level to build a team to get us out of the league we were in last year. Well, that sort of worked :ohmy: Going to watch Alsager in the vase this Saturday to witness the start of the Scott Dundas revolution.

In my opinion letting Vics share our ground was far worse than any decision concerning management and the money they pay does not seem to be doing us much good!!
WHS.

[quote=“WHS” post=61980]In my opinion letting Vics share our ground was far worse than any decision concerning management and the money they pay does not seem to be doing us much good!!
WHS.[/quote]

CORRECT The worst decision ever made by this club, or by an individual. How short sighted can you get, letting your enemy into your bed !!!

Mr Chair. why have you sent G Roberts out on loan when we are in dire straits? Don’t you think you should have replaced him before doing so? OK! So he hasn’t pulled his weight on the pitch and looks very unfit but he’s probably better than most of what we’ve got left

Just another example of not being open with the fans about what’s going on with the players! .veryangry

[quote=“ADwarvesdinner” post=61983]Mr Chair. why have you sent G Roberts out on loan when we are in dire straits? Don’t you think you should have replaced him before doing so? OK! So he hasn’t pulled his weight on the pitch and looks very unfit but he’s probably better than most of what we’ve got left

Just another example of not being open with the fans about what’s going on with the players! .veryangry[/quote]

If you go up and ask Mr Chairman why Gary Roberts has left I expect he’d be open with you. Do you expect him to post on the forum every time a player leaves?