Crewe Railroaders American Football Club

With Witton’s season coming to an end soon, I would like to make people aware of the start of a different ‘Football’ season for a local team.

Whilst I am a proud Wittoner, I also share a love with many for American Football, and play for Crewe Railroaders.

Our season begins on Sunday, with a home fixture to Birmingham Bulls, who were relegated last season.

We are expecting a tough fixture, and if anyone is interested in attending, kick off is at 2pm at Cheshire College South and West, Dane Bank Avenue, Crewe. Entry is free, but you will need to bring your own refreshments.

I know some fellow Wittoners are fans of the American version of football, and I’m sure many will write this off as they are simply not interested, but we will welcome any support that may come.

If anyone wants more information, or even fancies giving the game a go, send me a PM.

We are also have a Youth team, open to boys and girls aged between 14 and 17, and if you have any children or grandchildren in this age group, they would be more than welcome to come and try a new sport.

UTA!

My Nephew plays for them, I’ve watched them play occasionally at South Cheshire College. It’s very exciting. Doesn’t compare to the real thing though, I lived in Seattle, Washington for 3 years and regulary watched Seattle Seahawks, awesome!

Who is you nephew?