Curzon A. vs Witton Albion Play Off Final

To start the ball rolling.

This was our squad when we beat Curzon in February:

[i]Witton Albion:

1. Matt Cooper, 2. Anthony Gardner, 3. Mat Wood, 4. Ben Harrison, 5. Paul Booth, 6. Anthony Sheehan(Capt), 7. Josh Hancock, 8. Olly James(77mins Carl Clampitt), 9. Liam Newman(73mins Mark Buchan), 10. Alex Titchiner(90mins Chris Gahgan), 11. Danny Andrews

Subs not used:

Tom Schofield and Matt Woolley
[/i]

It’s been a feature and a strength this season how consistent our line up has been.

I really cannot wait for this. If we play like we did last night we should pass into the Evo-Stik Premier with ease.

We really have to play our part on Saturday, as we did last night. I’d be surprised if there were any less than 300 Wittoners at Curzon Ashton. Let’s get in the Penny Black early doors, build a carnival atmosphere and sing this team onto glory. The Curzon fans won’t make any noise, that’s for certain. We will have more there than them and we will embarrass them on the terraces.

This is an absolutely massive opportunity for us to play at a higher level than Northwich for the first time in our history.

The time is now. Do it now. Come on the Albion.

Link to Curzon Ashton’s website with all the relevant information - Let’s hope they’ll realise p.d.q.and ensure they have enough supplies and staff on duty to accomodate us.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/curzonashtonfc/news/first-visit-to-curzon-ashton-f-527164.html

We have received the following information that needs to be brought to everyone’s attention:

[center]Evo-Stik League First Division North Play-Off Final
Saturday 28th April 2012 Kick Off 3.00pm
Curzon Ashton FC v Witton Albion
Admission £7.00 Adults - £2.50 Concessions[/center]
Turnstiles will be open from 1.30pm.

The bar in the main social club room will be open before the game and at half-time only. Anyone requiring a drink after the final whistle will be in a position to do so from the bar under the main stand.

There will be a presentation to the winners after the game and all supporters are requested to allow this to take place without interruption and refrain from going pitchside.

Idiotic not to open the main bar after the final whistle.

Win, or lose, Al-bi-on the booze.

Bar’s going to be mobbed before the game. Any good pubs nearby?

[quote=“Robbo_” post=43348]Idiotic not to open the main bar after the final whistle.

Win, or lose, Al-bi-on the booze.[/quote]

I can only presume they are closing it off for what they expect to be Curzon’s celebration party after the game?

I find it a bit arrogant if that is the case.

#pritchsteamtalk

There’s a few murmurings of the game being called off due to rain. I hope this isn’t the case! :frowning: :frowning:

Where are these rumours coming from?

A few of the Curzon lads who report on games on Twitter. Not my intention to cause a panic but apparently its been hammering down there for the last couple of days and there’s more rain due tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Ive been informed the club is hosting a long standing 40th birthday party on saturday evening for which the set up is taking place after half time hence the non availability of the room post match.

Facebook comment from Curzon - “At the moment the game should be okay, despite the heavy rain we’ve had today. Our pitch is usually quite good for drainage so as long as there’s nothing more than light rain between now and Saturday there shouldn’t be a problem. Any inspection wouldn’t be till 10am on Saturday I’d imagine”

Absolutely shocked it’s raining in Manchester.

Cant wait for this game. Lets hope for another great win! 17 on the run would be awesome!

They thought they would go up automatically and wouldn’t be hosting the mighty albs in the playoff final?? :whistle:

Who in their right mind would book some kind of party in their social club on the same day as a play off final?!

:woohoo:

“You don’t know what you’re doing”

getting excited and nervous about this game, but looking forward to the reds going onwards with their brand of football. we as the supporters can make a huge differance, as we did against farsley, so let’s get there in numbers(which is looking likely) and shout our lungs out from the first whistle to the last. heres looking forward to promotion for the guys in red. come on witton.

These things happen.We had a wedding at Witton when we played Telford in play off.Needed a marquee to house the supporters.

We have 5 banners so far for tomorrow, get painting!

Saturday 28th April 2012
Evo-Stik Northern - Premier Division Promotion Play Offs 11-12 - Semi Final
Bradford Park Avenue vs Hednesford Town 15:00
Chorley vs FC United of Manchester 15:00
Evo-Stik Northern - First Division North Promotion Play Offs 11-12 - Final
Curzon Ashton vs Witton Albion 15:00

There’s only one team in Northwich :lol: