DES HEESOM 1939-2019

Have reported the sad news re Des on the official website at: http://www.wittonalbionfc.co.uk/news/des-heesom-2671939-1022019-2396080.html

A really sad day. A great guy and Albion to the core !!

How very sad, saw him in hospital a month or so back and he seemed in good spirits as ever, even though he had a couple of strokes. But he was laughing and joking about Witton so was really saddened to hear the news. RIP Des put a word in up there for the Albion! Condolences to all the family. UTA

Very sad news, condolences to family. A big loss for Witton, a true legend at the club.

Very sad news, he would always shout ‘hello’ when I passed him ,sitting in the stand , very nice I knowledgeable football man .R.I.P. Des .

The club will be observing a minute’s silence in memory of Des before Saturday 's home game against North Ferriby United. Des’s family will be in attendance at the game.

UPDATE

Des’s Funeral Service will take place on MONDAY, 4th MARCH at Vale Royal Crematorium from 10.45am. Following the service, the wake will be held at Witton Albion Social Club from 12noon.