Disgrace

No.<br><br>GE<br>

good point well made GE, i agree, home form is worrying but away form is good and if we give JD more time to get it right at home we will be sorted<br><br>Anstey cheer up m8, why does your glass always have to be half empty?

Watching from afar and just being able to see the results roll in I think people are too quick to jump on Davison’s back.<br><br>Yes I was shocked when I saw that result in the Sunday Paper, but no way do I think the manager should be sacked. The results in the league have been encouraging, and football these days is a long game…we need to be patient as fans and trust in the manager, even when bad games come along. It IS only ONE game. <br><br>It would be ridiculous to throw away the extra playing budget on someone that isn’t really what we need rather than wait for the right player to come along. <br><br>Just give it all some time.<br><br>

I understand the coments made about supporting the manager and I’m not one to start a campaign to sack any manager but two points I have already made in match reports are 1. we are no better as a team this year as last simply because we have no new players that have forced themselves in above what we had already and 2.worrying that the missing pieces are not being found when other clubs are making signings that I feel would have made a difference to our team, have to admit I have no idea what we can offer and what other clubs can offer but surely if we can keep the likes of Pritch and MM on the books then a decent playmaker can’t be out of the question.

It would be a disgrace if we did sack the manager. Look where he took us from last season to finish 5th. We have had a decent start in the league and a couple of wins would put us right back up there. So many negative people around these days stuck in the glory of the past. This is here and now and i believe with a couple of additions to the squad we could be a force to be reckoned with in this division. I agree with most that we need a playmaker in midfield, we have the ballwinners, Andy Barlow, Adam Foy, but we need that bit of magic. As i have stated before i think the strikers will come good and start scoring, and the defence is solid, just look at the goals conceded, apart from the Leek game one of the best defences in the division. <br><br>As for saturday i’d go for Pritch to start as he ives the side motivation and e wants to win more than anything. Move AB back into midfield as he showed second half saturday that thats where he should be playing. I’d like to see more attacking formation, maybe use 3 strikers or put DD up there with MM and Madin. As for the crowd, get behind the lads, we will come good i am sure.<br><br>UP THE ALBION!<br>

GE can I take it from your posting that that is a vote of confidence in JD from the board ::)<br><br>

Decent start - your havin a laff! How far are we behind the leaders?<br><br>Its always good to see a Board member propose a vote of confidence, lets hope that is the end of the road for Davison.<br><br>You supporters are easily pleased if you think we have the right manager for the job.<br><br>Come on Mike Worthington, get it sorted soon and get rid of him.<br><br>My forecast for the gate at the next home match 230, I for one will not be there.<br><br>I will cease to put my hand in my pocket and support anything as long as this manager is in charge.

I’ll order one less pie then.<br><br>GE<br><br>

;D Sorite Crouchy 'll have his!!!

Having had a week to digest last Saturday’s disastrous result, we now come to the first vital match in a double-header against Bridlington and then Marine.<br>Arguably, I would suggest we need a minimum of 4 points from this game and the one against Marine on Monday.Ideally 6, considering Bridlington have just come off the back of a couple of hammerings, and are, presumably,at a low ebb and Marine,because they are third bottom.<br>I assume the team need no more motivation to play well after the slow hand claps and jeers from the crowd last week.So, I expect to see us take the game to Bridlington tomorrow, put them under pressure with some freeflowing attacking football, and I expect a decent performance whatever the final result.<br>If the unthinkable happens and we lose both games with the same inept performances, then I for one will be coming down on Anstey’s side in considering the present Manager’s future as he will have clearly lost the plot.<br>On a more positive note,if we win both then Winsford will, hopefully, be a distant memory and we’ll be back on track.<br>Over to you lads!<br>

My thoughts exactly Tony.<br><br>Bad results/performances happen, just glad we go to away games to see some of the better showings - if you only came to home games you’d be forgiven for thinking we were rather poor. <br><br>(I’m currently toying with fact that clubs which go out the cup early usually do well in the league - last time we mucked up - 99 at Ferriby - finished 3rd) Last season Matlock also lost in Prelim to Shirebrook! Having said that though its hardly acceptable to be throwing away games/financial incentives like that.<br><br>A good couple of results - hopefully like those after the Leek game will go some way to putting us back on course and in a promising league position. If we are to do anything however we do indeed need some points from these games.<br><br>As you say though its over to the players now they have the opportunity over 2 home games to show what they can do. Its up to them whether they take it or not.