FARSLEY CELTIC HAVE FOLDED

Farsley Celtic have folded,so them across the canal are back on -2 and bottom of the league

Click on the link for full story:

http://www.farsleytoday.co.uk/farsleyceltic

seems like it was just a little crease, according to farsley fans its
game on tomorrow.

BBC Teletext had the story as well but tonight they have changed it after reporting that “An unknown consortium had saved the club from closure at the last minute.”

Well that’s one consortium that will not be saving Vics! Still not paid their debt, so what happens now? Witton will win tomorrow and go undefeated for the next twenty games, what an optimist I am.
WHS.

On the same subject, it is also being reported that Accrington Stanley have been given less than two months to find £308,000 or face being wound up.

The Oracle that is Jeff Stelling has just confirmed on Soccer Saturday that Farsley have folded.

What a bloomin shame! OK, a crap ground (but tremendous pies!) and probably tried to live above their means in the last couple of years, but it’s never nice to see old “friends” struggle.

Hopefully the faithful will ensure the Farsley name lives on in some form.

Confused now - SkySports.com says Farsley v Stalybridge postponed, but non-league vidiprinter has the score at 1-1?

From Farsley’s web-site:

[i]Latest News
CLUB REPRIEVE (September 04, 2009)

A deal struck at 4pm this evening between John Palmer and the Administrators has offered a reprieve for Farsley Celtic who will now, after all, be able to fulfil their fixture with Stalybridge Celtic tomorrow at 3pm.

Palmer is believed to have entered a transitional agreement with Administrators Mazars pending the sale of the club with a new offer, involving new financial backers being considered.

John Palmer: " It has been a long 24 hours, but I am relieved to be able to confirm that, for the short term and until the sale of the club can be completed, I have received an offer of financial support which allows the club to continue to fulfil its fixtures. I am very relieved".[/i]