Farsley vs Witton

Final Score: FARSLEY CELTIC 1 WITTON ALBION 0.<br>(After Extra Time).

unlucky boys neva mind we still have the league title to go for and the fa trophy as well as the domestic domestic cups lets keep our heads up high and have a push for promotion adn try and do our best in the rest of the cup competitions! COME ON WITTON!

It is a sad result but we can take heart that it shows we are up to Northern Conference standard, we just have to make sure we get there this season. Away for a week, not back until a week on Sunday but from then on will be giving the lads all the support I can.<br>WHS.

Amazing how much money a penalty miss or five can cost you. (I know we haven’t lost any money, but it feels like we have.)<br><br>It’s also "classic Witton" to lose the next game after a disappointing defeat like this. Let’s buck the trend of many a year, eh lads?<br><br>We seem to have a good side this season. I hope all these little setbacks are overcome, and we’ll get promotion in the end.<br>

According to the unibond website, Matlock lost after extra time.

[quote]According to the unibond website, Matlock lost after extra time.[/quote]<br><br><br>Bad luck :cry: I think we were looking forward to coming up to Witton, i can confirm Cambridge city beat Matlock 3 -2 AET Matlock missed 2 pens<br><br>chris

There was nothing in the game and it was only ever going to be one goal in it. Unfortunately for us we were undone by a cracking cross and finish that we couldn’t match.<br><br>That said the lads ran themselves into the ground and I seem to remember their keeps making more saves than ours, particularly a last minute effort from MM tipped over the bar.<br><br>It was a long journey home, but the consolation is we have played 2 teams from the league above us and more than matched them overall.<br><br>Onwards and upwards. <br><br>PS well done to all the supporters who made the journey last night. At least a third of the gate was supporting the Albion!!<br><br>

WHS you say no one is more upset than you!<br>What about the 70 or so who travelled up there and didnt get home till bout midnight??<br>I was the most upset,you could drink behind the goal and I was driving :frowning:

the most frustrating thing is even though we were no where near our best last night, we still did enough to have won the game. Again i feel we gifted them their goal. Our back 4 were sat so deep that when their winger picked the ball up on the half-way line he ran a good 30 yards before he even came to a witton defender. If we’d of closed him down alot quicker, he may never of got chance to put a cross in at all.<br><br>It just wasn’t our night last night.<br><br>We seem to be lacking a little something. Goalkeeper aside, i think our squad is stronger now than at christmas last year, yet we don’t seem to be producing the same performances. I don’t think Jim has worked out what his strongest team is yet, and we don’t seem to have quite got the balance between defense and attack sorted out.<br><br>Yes we can take heart from knowing we have bettered a conf north team again - however, we’d be taking much more heart knowning that we’d not only bettered them, but beaten them also.

Bad news couldnt go last night but I think the squad is better than last year by some margin, however the keeper isnt up to the job yet and the full backs are in poor form particularly brownhill - who was great last season but keeps getting caught out and giving the ball away, I also think just at the moment the strikers are not on song, warlow doesnt do much if he doesnt score and mike cant get a goal ? seems short of pace somehow, maybe time to look at frostie and jones up front if they are fit, but its good to have such options.<br><br>Jim will get it right im sure and we can push onto the playoffs just hope losing in the cup doent flatten us

Frustrating night, good witton support the match could have gone either way…<br><br>i hate seeing Worsnop come for the corner at the end and then stay there!!! ok fair enough come up in the dying minutes but then get your ass back as soon as… dont stay up and gift them an open net oppurtunity…deary me <br><br>Also Whalley had a frustrating game…which happens…but dont give up if you lose the ball go back and get it…simple show a bit more passion.<br><br>Not all bad though the leagues the important one come on Witton p [smiley=applause_smiley.gif]ut this behind you now get promoted and then we can beat Farsley twice next season cos lets face it they arent any good.<br><br>

I didnt go to the game because of work reasons i here though alot of people slateing Jon Worsnop.<br>God he was getting a couple of praises not so long ago for strings of saves that kept us in matches.<br>Come on guys he is a Wittoner he plays for us doesent he so lets get behind him like we get behind the rest of the lads.<br>Lets hope we can get behind the boys and win again this Saturday against Fleetwood maybe a good trophy run my do us good its been awhile now.<br> :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Very dissapointing to be out of the comp but lets get things into perspective. We have beaten vauxhall 3-0 who are in a higher division, outplayed farsley twice who are also in a higher league (should have won the game on both occasions). Yes we are all frustrated but don`t let that cloud the unbelivable effort that the players showed last night and on Sat. We should be patting the boys on the back, thank them for what they are doing and get behind them for the next game.

I don’t think anybody is slating Worsnop - or anyone else for that matter. Everyone agrees that Worsnop is a good shot-stopper, and most of the time he takes crosses fairly easily. He can’t be blamed for losing last night either (and no-one has suggested that). The problem is that he’s a little erratic, and he makes too many errors that cost us points. In a way we’ve been spoilt by having Kennedy last year, who in my opinion is the best keeper we’ve had since Keith Mason.<br><br>On the subject of Shaun Whalley, he’s becoming a very frustrating player for me!! Bags and bags of ability, surely as naturally gifted as any player in our league and possibly most of the league above, but he needs to do more for the team - ie; tracking back, knowing when to release the ball. If he can sort that side of his game out he’ll develop into the player that everyone is expecting him to. If he doesn’t then he probably wont acheive half of what he should do.

Nearly 24 hrs later and i’m still gutted. We didn’t play to our potential last night. I know they’re a well organised side and from a higher league, but I just felt we overplayed a bit last night and were a little too obvious in our passing. No lack of passion, Liam, Connors and Pritch as ever when he came on as sub in particular ran their taters off.<br><br>Not sure about the gate 224.That would equate to 150 home fans.<br>But with no turnstiles/ticketing system/stewarding/boardroom I don’t think we should have too many problems getting accepted into the Conf North when Jim takes us up in May!!!

uuhhh

Farsleys capacity for the game on Sunday is 3000! Wonder how they’ll all get thru the one turnstile!<br><br>Wish it woz us tho!!!