Former Players

I agree with CJ, I don’t think Derek (Wheels) has a spiteful bone in his body.

Also, I don’t think anyone at Witton has anything but respect for Josh for the service he gave us while he was playing for us.

He’s obviously well respected at Marine too, as I notice that he regularly captains the team.

No offence was intended in my post. I post when former players have scored for their respective clubs, moved on to another club or any interesting fact.

My post was also one of surprise as I certainly can’t remember Josh being sent off during his time at Witton.

1 Like

Totally agree Derek, it’s great to see what old players are doing.

Don’t understand why the person would post critcizing you. I do have my suspicions though.

Scott Bakkor has departed Atherton Collieries after having his contract terminated by the Premier Division club.

1 Like

Former Albion loanee Will Sutton scored his third senior goal for Oldham Athletic on Tuesday night in their 2-1 defeat to Gateshead.

Has since signed a contract extension until the end of the 2024/25 season.

Lower Breck have announced the signing of former Albion wing-back Danny McKenna from Ramsbottom United.

Vauxhall Motors have signed former Albion Midfielder Jake Parker from Daisy Hill. He has also featured for 1874 Northwich & Ramsbottom United.

Matty Devine has rejoined Prescot Cables after leaving Bootle FC.

Warrington Rylands have signed much-travelled winger Osebi Abadaki from Guiseley.

League Two Tranmere Rovers have sacked manager Micky Mellon following Saturday’s home defeat to Newport County.

Steve McNulty has resigned as manager of Bootle FC.

Nantwich Town have signed former Chorley, Matlock Town & Witton Albion midfielder Nathan Okome.

Striker Sean Cooke has also returned to the Dabbers after leaving Warrington Rylands.

It’s well documented about the goalscoring prowess of Witton Albion legend Mike Moseley but it appears to be running in the family.

Mike’s son Adam has been a member of Runcorn Linnets Academy team for two years, last year finishing as the Golden Boot winner with 25 goals.

This season he has featured for Barnton as well as Runcorn Linnets and has also continued his goalscoring in the Linnets Academy team.

In the last two Academy games, Runcorn Linnets Academy have scored a massive 20 goals with Adam netting half of them including six in one game.

1 Like

Guiseley have signed the much-travelled striker Scott Bakkor.

The former Albion striker scored for his new club on Saturday against another of his former employers Atherton Collieries in the Yorkshire club’s 2-1 defeat.

Former Albion midfielder Cesaire Lingouba played for Atherton Collieries against Stalybridge Celtic after leaving - Stalybridge Celtic.

Former Albion Goalkeeper Matt Cooper has announced his retirement from football.

His final game for Trafford FC was a goalless draw against Runcorn Linnets on Saturday afternoon.

Former Albion loanee Nicky Maynard has announced his retirement from football after helping Macclesfield FC to the Northern Premier League West Division title.

Stafford Rangers have released former Albion striker Callum Saunders.

Former Albion defender Ally Brown has departed Runcorn Linnets after four years at the club.

He made 137 appearances and scored five goals for the Linnets, four of them during the 2022/23 season including the winner against Witton in the league game at APEC Taxis Stadium.

Witton Albion legend Rob Hopley has taken his first step into management following his appointment at Winsford Town FC.