Frickley is ON

The game must have finished by now, surely?<br>

still not confirmed as yet

Finished 2-1 according to livescores.co.uk >:(

Final score Frickley 2:1 Witton :frowning:

I suppose it had to end sometime but not against 10 men. How many of our team were still on the bus when they scored twice!!! We will live to fight another day.<br>WHS.

oh well all good things must come to an end, lets hope we bounce back quickly.

I didn’t want to say it when it happened, but, I don’t think I have ever seen us beat 10 men.<br>A pity to lose, but when you concede two early goals it saps the entire teams confidence.<br>Never mind, back to winning ways on Saturday then.<br><br>Up the Albion!

Just got back - I really like going to Frickley, you know scenic ground, very hospitable locals, a real team of gentlemen and always a chance to catch a few rays.<br><br>Anyway the game - from what I saw we were good value for our 1-0 win. Kennedy not even making a save for 80 odd minutes (although they did hit the bar once)<br>Whatever happened prior to that lost us the game, they then defended very deep as you would, and our build up seem far too slow and we wanted too many touches on a poor pitch in very windy conditions.<br><br>Question to anyone there - best 2 efforts of 2nd half? Gaghans shot and Browns drive without a doubt? (neither were held by the keeper. So why didn’t we shoot much more?<br><br>Anyway had to come to an end sometime - can’t win them all n all that, still in a very good position - would have taken this in August wouldn’t you?<br><br>Is that feeling coming back in my toes now…

How can the ref take no action against their players after they initiated TWO 20 man brawls in the space of 5 minutes, And one of their fans ran on to try and get involved!! I’m glad we’ve got that one out of the way now though. If we are serious about catching Telford then 3 points is a must now on saturday.<br>Agree with Neil, why not shoot more?? We’ve said this in the recent past, and when we have tried long range shots we’ve scored a few goals. Alex Brown v Radcliffe, Alex brown v Ferriby.<br>Missed their 2 goals, but in fairness we didn’t do enough for the points. They were hungrier than us, but to them i guess we’re a scalp now.<br>How the match finished with them having as many as 10 men on the pitch i really don’t know.

Didn’t go but absolutely gutted when I picked the score up last night. Was really hoping it would be called off because the weather always threatened to be a leveller. That said we know what to expect at Frickley and I am sure the players did and are just as gutted.<br><br>Now time to move on and make sure that we do the business at Ossett. I am sure there will be more of us there to support the guys. Keep the faith and belief. We can do this!!

Crap game, crap ref, crap pitch, crap hole.<br><br>Generally CRAP Then.<br><br>Frickley shud be twinned with Beirut. Lets hope we don’t have to go back next year.<br><br>P.s. I think its also fair to say we were lucky to end up with 11 as well.<br>

Just to add for those who weren’t their that there were mitigating circumstances regarding our sluggish start to the game.<br><br>The team travelled by mini bus and only arrived 20 mins before kick off, the kit was being transported in 3 different vehicles and arrived fairly late.<br><br>There was therefore no time for a proper warm up session and was I guess as much a reason for Frickley catching us cold.<br><br>Not sure who this post will be read by, but I for one think that we should be travelling right, by coach, to all away games outside a 30 mile radius.

Yes I’ll agree Andy - don’t quite know what the arrangements were but I was told the team left at 3 when I called the club.<br>god knows what route they took?<br><br>As for us having 11men - I agree too - despite being provoked Peers was lucky to only see a yellow.<br>Like we said tho - weak officials all round.

If the ref had actually had control of the game it wouldn’t of got so far as Peers having a swing. It was brewing from the second they had a man sent off.<br>Just seen the goals on their website, very un-Witton goals to concede. Just wasn’t good defending at all. Although with the lack of warm-up i’m not overly suprised.

This team has the ability and character to bounce back, and I for one am sure they will, the last thing I want is for them to start saving me money!!! (Might give ?3 anyway if they do bounce back and beat Ossett, making ?9 I will owe G.E.) <br>WHS.

All the Frickley and Ossett fans seem to love you though Stu!! Check Frickley’s website!!!

A disappointing result but not a disaster.<br><br>We are still in a very good position and the squad of players we have are more than capable of overcoming this minor setback.