Gary Dullaghan

I was just bored and trawling trough some of the other websites and found this on Morcombes I was shocked I hadn’t heard anything, maybe old news for a few but thought I’d post anyway I liked Gary he was the old fashioned type of player, robust I believe the popular term used these days. <br><br><br><br>Gary Dullaghan<br>report by rodtaylor - (10/07/06)<br>‘It is with great sadness that we have today heard of the untimely death, at 41 years of age, of former Shrimps favourite Gary Dullaghan. Gary passed away in the early hours of Monday morning, 10th July, after a short illness. He leaves his wife Debbie and three children Craig, Tony and Sophie. Heartfelt sympathy goes out to the family from all connected with Morecambe Football Club.<br><br>Gary, a tall powerfull central defender, had spells with South Liverpool, Lucas Sports, Witton Albion, Oswestry Town and Rhyl before manager Brian Griffiths brought him to Christie Park in January 1990 along with Robbie Armstrong. He made 177 league appearances and 72 cup appearances scoring a total of 18 goals. Gary and the other members of the "scouse contingent" played a major part in Morecambe’s promotion from the Unibond League to the Vauxhall Conference in the 1994/95 season. Gary left Christie Park in March 1996 to join near neighbours Lancaster City, he later played for Witton Albion, Ashton United and Chorley.<br><br>I have spoken to friends of Gary over the past few days including Paul Burns, Paul Tomlinson and John Coleman and the shock and hurt felt by all close to him is plain to see. If any supporters would like to send cards or messages of condolence please post them to or leave them at Morecambe Football Club and I will ensure they are forwarded on to Gary’s family.’<br>

:cry: Apparently the "short illness" was a brain tumour. Very sad.<br><br>Anyone got details of how many games Gary played in for the Albion during his time at Wincham Park?

for those of you who have witton v morcombe fa cup video he did the co commantary. solid no nonsense defender and will be missed.

Anyone see the Arsenal vs Liverpool game on Sky sports today? ?<br><br>For those who didn’t there was a red banner draped over the railings at the Emirates Stadium in front of the Liverpool fans, bearing Gary Dullaghan’s name. ?<br>Appropriate I thought on today of all days.