Gates.

Yes I know we have an “Historic Debt” but did you know only 4 clubs in our league have had bigger gates on average than us and only one in the Southern Division. We also have better average gates than 12 teams in the Premier League and I don’t think any charge as much as we do. So, is our problem money or something else?
WHS.

WHS, if you have ever been to an AGM the Chairman does report on income /revenue one of our problems is the ground is perhaps too good for our level with very high bills on the ground to run and maintain Re rates, water bill, electric, Gas etc etc it is far in advance of our current competitors but the costs are high hence the desire to ground-share to cover some of these costs. We are also told our wage bill is upper quartile in our league so I guess it goes back really to Johny Amery comments that the football has been poor for too long hence the lower gates, We need to have good start to next seasons campaign and keep it going too see if we can draw the missing fans back, NO GOOD TALKING ABOUT IT You need to be there doing what you can UTA

Interesting as I had a short conversation with a former board member who said the ground didn’t cost as much as people think and isn’t the problem.

Spot on CJ. To be frank this is once again another unhelpful thread making yet another storm in a teacup.
Witton Albion Fc has undergone a complete transformation in the last 12 months. The ship has been steadied in the social club and although I don’t like to get involved with footballing matters I’d say the club is in good stead for August.
I feel confident that we are starting to see a marketable entity, ready to fight it’s way back into the premier.
There are some great things going on behind the scenes that don’t even get a mention.

Supporters would do well to remember that this forum comes up top of Google for many Witton related searches. I’ve had people trying to book the room telling me they’ve found my details from the forum.
Goodness know what else they’ve read. Has it meant they haven’t bothered to book?
Anyone that uses TripAdvisor would likely agree.

Anyhow, I’ve booked 2 events this weekend with tickets going on sale this week, taken 2 private bookings and we’re planning a pantomime, ladies night, groundsman’s ball, comedy night and more under 18s nights tonight.
Laters.

Uta

If you stand about arguing over who let the horse out, before long it will be on the road…

Well said Noel there is so much negativity on this forum and my thoughts on reading this thread were that because we won yesterday certain people feel they need to find something to come on here to pick fault with the way the Club is being run.
Can we not spend at least one day enjoying a good away win??

You’re right Matt. In the good old days you looked forward to Witton winning & NVFC losing - that was life - simples.
Now despite a good win it’s back to politics.
But, as we’ve got the topic - anyone who doesn’t think it costs a lot for Leccy, Gas, Water etc - multiply your home costs
considerably & you’ll not be far off.
And that money takes some finding.
GE

I simply asked a question based on facts, sorry I spoke!! I’ll tell you what, let’s ignore all our problems on and off the field and perhaps they will simply go away? This was posted under miscellaneous for a reason.
WHS.

What problems? Two seasons ago the average gate was 350 and witton still cocked it up. You will find that people like Mark, John Salmon and myself (dozens more to mention) are working hard to end these so called ‘Problems’ you speak of…
Re the running costs:
The ground was built for a conference club. The heating is 30 years old. There’s no insulation hardly. There’s very little energy saving lighting.
The thing to do now is hope for a good turnout last couple of games and then look towards pre season.
Why not come down on tuesday night and see for yourself?

I understand that WHS but it appears every day now somebody is starting a thread to have a moan
Yes i also understand the i pay my money im entitled to say what i want buf it would be nice to have just a day of positive comments after a great win rather than more negative threads starting up.
1874 have a thread on their forum where they all have a laugh at our infighting and disharmony on this forum.
My ex wife used to nag me every day of my married life and eventually i walked away, this could explain why our crowds are dropping as this great football club is a miserable place if you judge it by this forum!
Im not having a go at anyone as we need to be pulling together now not falling out, on the pitch things are looking good, we could have a great season ahead so lets try and be positive instead of looking for faults

Oh for the days of just getting the pink to get the away scores ! what happened to supporting your club through thick and thin ? it would be great to see our fans get behind us and those that can help in any way help ! UTA

An extremely wise man said this a few weeks back:

“The problem is not the problem…
the problem is your attitude about the problem…
Do you understand?”

We were lucky enough to have him in the club…

agree with matt on this, seems like only negative threads get started on here, even after a good away win. of course every Witton fan has a right to voice their opinion, I wouldn’t want that to stop that, but some seem to want to complain about anything. IT was a crap first 3 months of the season we would all agree but since Carl took over the dressing room has been sorted out and the making of a good team has taken shape, a few additions in the close season and we all will be looking forward to a good push for promotion next year. As Noel has said there has been a lot of hard work done that goes unnoticed , the club is a great place to spend an afternoon before and after the games thanks to Noel and the team , great choice of food and beer ( cheers for the beer Noel, Tatton rules ok, hic) . I suspect that there are a lot of Wittoners like me who wish they had the spare time to get down and do more to help, but in the mean time come on down to the last couple of home games to cheer the lads on. lets finish the season in style. UTA for life
guinness :clap

Wish I could be there but I am away in the UAE visiting my youngest son and my grandsons. I do hope an ugly rumour is not true.
WHS.

In the current standings for attendances in the Evo-Stik Division One North, Witton are in fifth place - averaging 305 for home games with three home games still to play.

Droylsden?
WHS.

[quote=“Noel OASIS Gallagher” post=64101]
Anyhow, I’ve booked 2 events this weekend with tickets going on sale this week, taken 2 private bookings and we’re planning a pantoemime[/quote]
Lol! No I can’t…it’s too easy! :laugh: :laugh:

[quote=“Blackie” post=64413][quote=“Noel OASIS Gallagher” post=64101]
Anyhow, I’ve booked 2 events this weekend with tickets going on sale this week, taken 2 private bookings and we’re planning a pantoemime[/quote]
Lol! No I can’t…it’s too easy! :laugh: :laugh:[/quote]

I’ve heard the pantomime is called:

“Blackie - the football fan that supports a different team every week”

Starring Blackie as himself, Coco the Clown and a lot of very indecisive people.