Gateshead   away

Will we get any reports on the game tomorrow. Do we know what strength the team will be we must be on last legs by now…

Jimmy, I’m afraid I won’t be able to keep people updated on the game tomorrow night as I’m going into hospital for an operation.<br><br>I’ve had contact with Neil and he’s working in London all week so it wouldn’t have been possible for him to update me anyway.<br><br>As regards to team news, I wouldn’t know what we are likely to put out for the match.

good luck to the team tonight , can not imagine that we will be at full strength but i am sure the lads stepping up will do a good job and give 100% . I think overall considering what went on throughout the season we should take our caps off to Jim and his squad. Well done fellas and here is to a great season next year.

hope the operation goes well, at least you can have a while with your feet up recovering and it is in close season as well good timing, I think soccer a.m. should be informed of your dedication…

Thanks for that Jimmy and as you can see I’m still here.<br>I am now waiting for the call tomorrow morning due to a bed shortage. Surprise surprise!!!<br><br>A bit of news about tonight’s game for you. Reserve players Danny McNamara and Gavin Smith have travelled with the team but whether they will feature, who knows.<br><br>Mike Moseley, Steve Connors and Simon Hughes are not expected to play any part in fact Mike hasn’t travelled with the squad.

Just had a call from Pete Riley. Albion 2-0 up at half-time. Shaun Whalley and an absolute long range cracker from Mark Peers<br><br>7 Reserves team players in the 14 that travelled

UNI: HT Matlock Town 1-1 Frickley<br>UNI: HT Wkfld & Emley 0-0 AFC Telford<br>UNI: HT Leek Town 1-0 Whitby<br>UNI: HT Gateshead 0-2 Witton Albion<br>

Has the goal of the season already been decided I wonder.

Oh Dear<br><br>Lost 2-3<br><br>More when available

UNI: FT Matlock Town 1-2 Frickley<br>UNI: FT Leek Town 3-0 Whitby<br>UNI: FT Wakefield-Emley 1-1 AFC Telford<br>UNI: FT Gateshead 3-2 Witton Albion<br><br>

Team:<br><br>Walker; Hockenhull, Pritchard, Ward, Brownhill; Bailey (McNamara), Parkinson (Hurley), Jones, Peers (Smith 53mins); Whalley & Whittaker.<br><br>Whalley sent-off (straight red) reason n/k

Any match report anyone?

Right i’ll give you a report. The international stadium was its usual empty self, little over a 100 in the 14000 seats! The pitch was thread bare and rock hard and needed to be marked out before kick off due to the rugby league and field events markings showing through. There was also a force nine gale blowing! We won the toss and kicked with the wind and after a short period of time a mistake by a Gateshead defender let in Whalley who rounded the keeper and scored.<br><br>There was then a period of Gateshead pressure in which their number 7 dominated the midfield and we never got to grips with him. However Peers got a goal just before halftime when the ball bobbled up on the hard pitch, rolled down his shin and was volleyed over the hapless gateshead keeper from 25 yards.<br><br>Second half playing into the wind we rarely attacked and was under constant Gateshead pressure. They pulled one back early in the half when a shot from distance was deflected past Brett in goal from 20 yards out. Gateshead equlaised after a free kick was headed goalbound and saved by Brett and the rebound was hit home. The winner came from the Gateshead skipper who from another free kick outjumped myself from close range and scored.<br><br>Overall a poor performance on an awful pitch with too many free kicks being given away. I thought Wardy did well on his debut but against a big Gateshead experienced Gateshead team i felt the team lacked its street wise edge. <br><br>I never saw the incident for the sending off but the ref said it was for violent conduct.<br><br>Of the sparse crowd there was 1 Witton fan from Halifax! <br><br>