Geoff Horsfield

Good posts earlier Robbo and Thatch, but I think this warrants it’s own topic.

I’m sure many will join in and pass best wishes to Geoff and his family at this difficult time.

Very sad news indeed…tho i never saw geoff play in a witton shirt ive seen him a few times while watching huddersfield and he is a great character, while playing for west brom he was warming up in front of the town fans and was getting so much abuse yet he just laughed and even conducted the geoff horsfield is a w****r chant which resulted in him getting a round of applause!
good luck geoff football needs more guys like you.

Yeh, top man. Is well thought of down at the Hawthorns and at the Blues.
Will always remember him for that goal against Pompey in the season of the ‘Great Escape’. Some excellent posts on the West Brom site, best of luck to the ex brikie

Good luck Geoff.
Think like Lance Armstrong and remain positive.
All the best.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2008/10/popular_horsfield_facing_his_b.html#039379

Nice to see a quick snap of Geoff in action for the Baggies on Question of Sport tonight.

Hang on a Second you Guys!!

It was Halifax Town who discovered Geoff and signed him way back.
He was and still is, a great favourite of the fans and it was mainly due to his goals that he helped us win the Conference and get us back in the football league.
We then sold him to Kevin Keegan who at the time was managing Fulham.
Yes hes a great guy, and all at the Shay wish him and his Family all the best of Luck!!

and you signed him from…?

Geoff actually signed for us in preference I believe to Hull City!!!

We were offering him more money - how things change!

Hope he makes a full recovery though.

He was first signed as a fulltime professional with us at Halifax.
Up to then he was Bricklaying!

Yes and you sacked him off and he came to prominence with us (via Guiseley)!! I don’t think you can claim that one!!

Anyway, that isn’t what this topic was about…so let’s get back to why this thread was created rather than trying to claim who ‘discovered’ him!!!

Ive just read the great news that geoff has been given the all clear after treatment and is even considering playing again, hes taking his coaching badges in the new year and hopes to stay in the game, hes hoping that he may get a contract at walsall where he was training before the cancer…im sure everyone will be delighted by this news

Great news…there is a Father Christmas after all!!!

If you read this Geoff, I know a club where you can sign on to get fit again, so long as you don’t pin me up against the wall again.