Grantham Town vs Witton Albion

Problem is pacey forwards will get in behind our centre halves, and we wont have the pace to recover. It was probably part of the cause of Grantham’s 2nd goal yesterday - although i’m only speculating as we were walking to the bar at the time (to stop neil ordering a double brandy), and missed most of the build up to it.<br><br>Would like to know Pritch’s opinion on it. <br><br>We didn’t seem to sit so deep last year, and we are an attacking side so i don’t think it is helping us at all. I think the board were a bit slow to react when jonathan woodgate was made available on loan. He’d of complimented Pritch superbly!

Problem might be solved by one of the central defenders bringing the ball out from defence a bit more, Pritch causes a lot of problems when he does it, unfortunately sometimes for us when he loses it!! But I do think he has the ability to do it if he is a bit more choosey as to when to do it.<br>WHS

It’s got to beat the ‘hoof’ we’ve been demonstrating recently. Ok we don’t do it often, but with the lack of a big un up top we just put ourselves back under pressure when the opposing cart-horse pairing head it back up the picth.

Suffice to say that after a first half that should have ended comfortably,(but didn’t) we dominated the second period and I don’t remember Grantham having a worthwhile effort on goal. Sean Whalley deserved a goal for his efforts (especially the one that hit the post) but Hey-ho 3 points.<br><br>Dreadful place to go, even less atmosphere then WP on a bad day and some foul mouthed fans that can even make some of our worst abusers look like angels.<br><br><br><br>