Halifax Town

From the bbc sport site.

[i]Halifax Town’s appeal to remain in the Football Conference has failed, BBC Radio Leeds understands.

The club put their case to stay in the Conference to the appeals committee of the Football Association on Wednesday.

Halifax had hoped the FA would put them in Blue Square North, but now look set to be in the Unibond Premier Division - if they can stay in business.

Halifax were demoted two divisions as they failed to get a CVA passed by creditors and remain in administration.

No-one at the FA has confirmed the reports but the stricken club are expected to release a statement to confirm their appeal failure.[/i]

Looks like Halifax could well join the unibond line up for next season.

Wilder leaves Halifax for Shakers

Wilder made 51 appearances for Halifax as a player
Chris Wilder has resigned as manager of stricken non-league side Halifax Town after six years and joined League Two outfit Bury as assistant manager.

Wilder, in charge since July 2002, is friends with Shakers manager Alan Knill, a former Halifax defender.

Wilder’s departure comes after the club were demoted three divisions to Unibond Division One North after failing to get a Company Voluntary Arrangement passed.

Halifax hope to appoint Wilder’s successor in the near future.

Wilder remained fiercely loyal to the West Yorkshire club during his tenure, as he battled against boardroom strife and one of the lowest budgets in the Conference.

The former Halifax player remained at The Shay despite being linked with moves to Chester City, Hartlepool United, Rotherham United and Cambridge United, where he appeared destined for in September 2006.

Wilder guided Halifax to the Conference play-off final in 2006, where they lost to Hereford in extra time.

Meanwhile the club expect to reveal their new name soon, upon written confirmation of the Northern Premier Football League’s acceptance of the newly-formed club.

Which is it then…are they going to play in the Unibond Div One, or the Premier?

If it’s the Premier, would they promote a club (i.e. Witton) to mak way for them?

Don’t bother answering the 2nd question, as I know the answer…shame.

http://www.halifaxafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10437~1337191,00.html