How many games have you watched?

Just a bit of fun but how many Witton games do you reckon you have watched in your life so far? I found it difficult because I have been watching the club on and off for about 65 years, ever since my Dad took me to a Cup Final when I was tiny. I then watched every match I could until I was 15 and then I started playing in the Junior League and other leagues until I was 29. I did go to some games during this period but mostly night games. I then went for several years on a regular basis until I started playing Rugby at the ripe old age of 35 and I only retired from the game when I was 42. Working Shift Work also caused me to miss a lot of games even when I stopped playing sport but I reckon I must have seen over 600 games, maybe more.
So how about you? When did you start and why and did you have a break for some reason or other? Actually I think this might make a fun article in the programme, what do you think?
WHS.

I reckon I had seen about 60 games by the age of 13 with mates my dad wasn’t a regular, then started watching them at all home games and local away matches maybe another 60 games till age 15 then got really serious and watched them home and away for 10 years never missing a match - some great years, then life changed I got married and had kids this curtailed my away matches somewhat and I went to nearly all home games and about 9-10 away games per season and have done upto the present day ! so if my maths are anything like, that would be roughly 1600 games not including friendlies ! it would be interesting to see what some of the very keen old stagers have seen in there lives ?

My first game was a 1-1 draw against Bangor City in 1984, i spent the next few months watching every home game and going to the Drill Field when we were away, i never felt the same way about Vics and as i became more in love with Witton i would stand with the away fans at Vics games and cheer on the opposition!
After a year or so i plucked up the courage to ask Chad if it would be ok to travel to an away game on the coach, i was made to feel welcome even though i didnt know who anyone was, after my first away game i knew i was now going to be a Wittoner forever.
As i turned 16 and knew a few of the lads now my next experience was to see if i could get served in the Cock as this was where the lads went before every game, soon i was in there at 11 30am every game watching Saint & Greavsie and playing pool.
Witton Albion was my life but then i moved to Wakefield in 1989 and despite still travelling over most weekends to watch the Albs after a year or so this dwindled to watching the odd game over the next 20 years although i always looked for our results.
I moved back in 2009 and found it difficult coming back to games, the place had changed and although i recognised a few people there were a lot more i didnt know so i only watched a handful of games between 2009-2011 and it was only the play off season where i felt accepted again, since then ive been to almost all home games and most away trips, its cost me a relationship (almost 2!) but i wouldn’t change a thing, cant begin to work out how many games ive been to but probably a lot more than i could afford but hey we only live once!

Great stories lads, Would go down well in the programme don’t you think?
WHS.