Hyde United v Witton Albion

Witton team:<br><br>Kennedy, King, Ness, Hughes, Spearritt, Mark Jones, Connors, McGuire, Moseley, Griff Jones, Peers.<br><br>Subs: Bailey, Williams, Hurst.

Half Time: HYDE UNITED 0 WITTON ALBION 0.<br><br>Leon Williams on as sub for the injured David Ness after 1 minute.

Score after 90mins: HYDE UNITED 0 WITTON ALBION 0.<br><br>Extra Time being played.<br><br>Witton hit the bar and had a couple cleared off the line.

Score after Extra Time: HYDE UNITED 0 WITTON ALBION 0.<br><br>The dreaded Penalty Shoot Out.

Result: Witton win 3 - 1 on penalties.

Excellent, made it worth staying up to 2am to find out the result!

just got back from hyde… well done to jim all the squad even the ones not named there is a great togetherness within the club at the moment. JK had a great game as did all the others. Rick Bailey bombing up and down the line (drugs test required) . Great team performance well done once again,

:D<br><br>Penalties went:<br><br>Hyde missed (Ballooned over bar)<br>Connors scored for Witton.<br>Hyde score.<br>Griff Jones scored for Witton.<br>JK saves next Hyde pen.<br>Liam MCGuire in off the post 3-1<br>JK saves another Hyde pen.<br><br>Excellent victory. <br><br>MOM: All of them (but particularly Simon Hughes).<br><br>GE<br>

matlock! ;Dfrickley!and now hyde! ;D fantastic! ;D

What a great game, end to end, chances galore, both teams could have won it. The penalty shoot out wasn’t bad either!<br><br>There were alot of positives… One of them is that we should play for penalties with JK in goal!<br><br>I thought Connors played very well against a good winger and eventually completely dominated him. Jonesy in midfield came into the game second half and started influence the game. <br><br>A word to Leon and Bails who both had their moments attacking wise and defnsively in a solid team performance. They must be on top of the world after playing for an hour at this level. Both deserved their chance and they were a credit to themselves and the club. <br><br>Personallly , I’m aching all over 120 mins was the last thing I needed. Their front two are a handful , very strong and very experienced. Hyde kept the ball for long periods during the game, especially first half so it was very hard at times.<br><br>After 2 games in the first team in a month , I need a mid season break like they have on the continent!

Hughessi - if the Manager drops you for Saturday I can’t believe it. We should be sacking him!!!<br><br>G (Tongue in cheek) E.

Cracking performance again.<br><br>Everyone is delighted witht he way the team are applying themselves and the results are coming like we said they would after the Telford experiences.<br><br>A very solid results against a side in a higher league but given the players we have out we couldnt have asked for any more.<br><br>Personal note I thought Rick Bailey did superbly on coming on, but not to detract away from the other lads - 14 heroes to quote one witton follower.<br><br>See you at Frickley!