Ilkeston Town V Witton

Which Uni you going to thomas?

A good 3 points, rode our luck a bit at time and JK was fantastic. But that’s why you bother having a great keeper, it wins you games like yesterday.

Great support in the 2nd half, and a bad head this morning…

Loughborough.

Quorn in Div 1 South is about 3 miles away, and Stamford away is going to be an easy one for me to see.

Kennedy was the difference between the going away with all three points or going away with nothing. The only time he was beaten was when the Ilkeston no. 10 had a shot from 30+ yards and hit the underside of the bar.

A most enjoyable trip to Derbyshire.

As a few said, the pitch there was absolutely superb, it really does help the game to play on such a good surface. Hats off to their groundstaff. In truth everything about their set-up was good apart from the team! The finest home made steak pie I have ever scoffed at a football match and washed down with a fine few apple juices.

Oh and as for the game (I nearly forgot - getting carried away)! Thought we were very professional and dealt with any hangover from last Saturday. 4-4-2 with Thornley and Warlow up front has to be our starting formation. Thought JK was immense yesterday, he kept our lead intact. I have made some further comments regards the game in Tuesday’s match programme so instead of typing them all here if you are remotely interested in what I have to say then buy a copy of Mr Lyon’s splendid programme.

See ya Tuesday.

Great Result! Top of the league! Has to dampen the sore feeling of last saturday! Well done boys keep it up! Lets give alty a lesson in football tomorrow! Come on Witton!

Highlights of the game are now available on NPL TV.

2-0 Job Done, but we did seem susceptible to balls straight down the middle.

Thought we stood off the no.10 too many times, and missed Pritch.

Another clean sheet though, thanks to the woodwork and JK.

Great win over Ilkeston on Saturday, but was it just me who wondered why it was decieded that Pritch was ‘rested’?!?!?! :-

I don’t think you were the only one PS4! Not a decision I would have made but the scoreline makes it difficult to argue with.

???

I think there needed to be changes from last saturday’s FA Cup exit, but again i’m not sure Pritch was the person who should of made way. Apart from his obvious defensive qualities, he has also been our main goal-threat off set-pieces (and also i think our 2nd top scorer so far?).

However, perhaps we are all quilty of looking at Pritch through rose-tinted glasses? Jim is paid to make decisions that win matches, and he has to do this without sentiment. Personally i think Pritch is the best centre-half in our league - and we’re a much better team with him in it, but we got the 3 points and another clean sheet so it was ‘job done’ at the end of the day.

Official

Pritch was ‘rested’ not dropped due to having played so many games this season. Tony Barrass needed 90 minutes, and Pritch is set to return on Tuesday.