Keith Higgins

It is with the deepest sadness that we have to announce the passing of a Witton Albion great.

Keith Higgins played for the Albion over a ten year period from 1956 to 1966, amassing 429 appearances making him the fifth in the post-war list of Witton Albion players.

Following his retirement from playing, he took up the role of First team Trainer/Physio a position he held for a number of years, working alongside Brian Booth & Terry Murphy then Peter O’Brien.

He was also an integral part of the staff when the Albion took to the field in the 1992 FA Trophy Final at Wembley against Colchester United.

There will be a fitting tribute to Keith in the Matchday programme for our home game against Prescot Cables a week on Saturday.

Details of Keith’s funeral service will be announced at the appropriate time.

RIP Keith.

Very sad news. An Albion great.

Sincere condolences to his family, RIP Keith.

Keith was a lovely man who it was always a pleasure to speak to.

An invaluable servant to the club, he was a man of sound judgment, wisdom and common sense; someone the players could talk to if they were unsure of approaching the manager.

Witton through and through.

We were lucky to have him. R.I.P. Keith

Very sad news, we’ve lost some top Wittoners in the past few months.

My condolences to Keith’s family and friends.

A true Albion legend . A great player and and a loyal servant to the club. RIP

An absolute legend for me and great Wittoner and will be sorely missed at the ground as an ever present supporter.

Always good to talk about football especially Witton as he was so knowledgeable and experienced.

RIP Keith. UTA

RIP Keith and condolences to his family.

I don’t remember Keith as a player although I may have seen him in my first season or so watching when I was 9 or 10.

Got to know him several years ago as he used to stand on the same side as the pitch as me to watch games.

He was a thoroughly nice bloke and spoke a lot of sense about the game.

UPDATE.

Keith’s funeral service will be held at 11.30am on THURSDAY, 7th MARCH at Birches Crematorium, Lostock Green. POSTCODE: CW9 7SU.

All attendees can wear Witton Shirts, colours and are invited to celebrate Keith’s life at the Witton Albion Social Club afterwards.