Leek on tuesday

This has been taken from their weekly newsletter which indicates the game is in doubt at this stage already. As a result please check the homepage AND the forum for updates which will be posted by a club official.<br><br>Coming up <br>Leek are due to entertain Witton Albion on Tuesday but the game is in some doubt after the surface was badly churned up on Saturday leaving groundsman Chris Hermiston to perform another minor miracle if he is to prepare another playable pitch. <br><br>The popular Blues groundsman did the impossible last week after three inches of snow followed by a steady thaw threatened to make play impossible. However, with a little help from a few volunteers on Saturday morning, the pitch was declared playable when the match referee arrived. <br><br>He must now wonder if his efforts should have been directed elsewhere after Frickley stole the points following a second half revival. <br><br>Hermiston was unable to get on the pitch with machinery following the game but did manage to roll both goalmouths on Sunday morning. However, the remainder of the pitch is in a terrible condition and impossible to get on leaving the fixture against Witton extremely doubtful. <br><br>Any takers for a Thursday night in April?

Oh good.<br><br>it is pretty pathetic really isn’t it.<br><br>Unable to stage two games in even 4 days it seems now.<br><br>It may be for the best though; last night I dreamt that it was abandonedafter 30 mins because so many players were sent off (yes, two of them were Clegg and Dicken!!)<br><br> :wink:

I am going to the game so maybe it’s better if they call it off & play it on a night I work so I can’t be tempted to go and make us lose. :frowning:

Taken from Leek message board 6:50pm posted by Mike Cope<br><br>[quote]We can’t get a ref in today with the opposition less than an hours travel away so we wont know until tomorrow.

However, if you want my educated guess, I don’t think we stand a chance of getting the game on with snow, rain and overnight frost all forecast.
[/quote]

What happens if we get April showers? ???<br>

I wonder whether they will bother to inform us cos they didn’t the last time!!!

Chad, what time will we find out if the match is on? cheers chad.

why are you comin to watch?? [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=banane.gif]

dead funny jonny, who are u?