Macclesfield FC.

Macclesfield FC could become the first club to be crowned Champions of their respective league for the 2021/22 season, as they are within six points of clinching the North West Counties League Premier Division title.

I hope they don’t win another game, IF they win the league they have bought the league not won it on a level playing field. They had 60 first team players signed at one point but now just down to 43.

In my opinion they should have started at the lower level like AFC BURY & FC ISLE OF MAN, they have had special treatment from day1.

How many other clubs in NWCFL are allowed to play in the FA CUP ? especially in their first season.

Excellent post. My feelings exactly.

ABSOBLOODYLUTELY!

I think its abhorrently wrong for Businesses (that happen to be Football Clubs) to live beyond their mean for years, default on payments to suppliers and local people, not pay their taxes and dues (which by the way is our money!).

They then start back up with impunity - playing in the same stadium, with the same kit and the same facilities as if nothing ever happened.

FCUM for all their detractors did it the right way, the likes of Chester & Telford have gotten away with it exactly the same as NewcoMacc.

All new clubs should start at the bottom of the pyramid and as they will undoubtedly rise up, clubs at the lowest level will also benefit from extra interest in their league and gate receipts.

That isn’t to say I don’t have sympathy for long term supporters of these clubs but if they are true supporters of football they would understand the need to do the right thing.