Marine v Witton Albion

Witton team:<br><br>Walker, Hockenhull, Brownhill, Pritchard, Hughes, Whalley, Connors, Parkinson, Moseley, Whittaker, Peers.<br><br>Subs: Bailey, Hurst, Cartner.

Latest Score: MARINE 0 WITTON ALBION 1.<br><br>Dave Whittaker thunderbolt.

Half Time Score: MARINE 0 WITTON ALBION 1.

North Ferriby are losing 1-0 at half time.

Rick Bailey on for Shaun Whalley.

Marine 0-1 Witton Albion FT<br><br>Although Ferriby equalised at Frickley.

Six points behind Ferriby, 2 games in hand and a better goal difference. In our hands now!

Final Score: MARINE 0 WITTON ALBION 1.

Runcorn conceded 8 again.

Sky Sports said it was 8-1 to Radcliffe but then changed it to 6-0!

From BBC web site:<br>UNI: FT Lincoln Utd 2-2 Ilkeston Tn<br>UNI: FT Radcliffe Borough 8-1 Runcorn<br>UNI: FT Marine 0-1 Witton Albion<br>UNI: FT Frickley 1-1 North Ferriby Utd<br>UNI: FT Gateshead 1-2 Blyth Spartans<br><br>

17:00 AFC Telford United vs. Ashton United <br>19:45 Bradford Park Avenue vs. Ossett Town <br>

15:00 908 Frickley Athletic 1 vs. North Ferriby United 1 <br> <br>15:00 715 Gateshead 1 vs. Blyth Spartans 2 <br> <br>15:00 193 Lincoln United 2 vs. Ilkeston Town 2 <br> <br>15:00 394 Marine 0 vs. Witton Albion 1 <br> <br>15:00 304 Prescot Cables 1 vs. Burscough 2 <br> <br>15:00 253 Radcliffe Borough 8 vs. Runcorn FC Halton 1 <br> <br>15:00 355 Whitby Town 1 vs. Guiseley 0 <br>

Hard work, superb result, well done to all [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif]<br>I think its a complete lottery now, if, thats if,we dont get any more injuries we can make the play offs and …<br><br>Im glad MW dosent monitor this site, cos sleepless nights are not good.<br><br>PS Neil<br> NO we wont be champions

Match report from the Marine site…<br><br><br>Marine 0 - 1 Witton Albion<br>The Mariners hopes of automatic promotion were dealt what could well be a fatal blow by a hard working Witton Albion team. It was the visitors made all the early running and they came within inches of taking the lead in the 3rd minute when Mike Moseley?s header from a corner hit the post and was cleared to safety. The winning goal came in the 12th minute and was totally out of keeping with what otherwise was a scrappy game. Dave Whittaker received the ball on the corner of Marine?s box and hit a dipping volley over a hapless Andy Ralph. It took until just after the half hour for Marine to register a worthwhile effort. Lee Parle?s volley being comfortably held by Brett Walker. For the first time in the game Marine exerted some pressure and James Connolly saw his header flash wide when he should have hit the target. On 40 minutes for the only time in the game Nicky Young got the better of Brian Pritchard but as his was through in goal referee Mark Ackerman blew for an apparent foul. Right on half time Marine should have equalised when Young pulled the ball back to Colin Flood but with the goal gaping Flood?s shot hit Prichard rather than the net. Marine continued to press forward in the 2nd half. A flowing movement between Peter Cumiskey and Young saw Carl Nesbitt shoot weakly at Walker. Witton then went straight on the attack and Steve Hollis missed his tackle leaving Marine?s defence exposed. The ball was crossed in where Mark Peers shot wide from no more than a couple of yards out. Witton?s defence with Pritchard winning virtually everything stood firm. Marine were restricted to a Darren Brookfield shot that flashed just wide following a goalmouth melee. Deep into injury time Whittaker was allowed to get away with a push in the back on Neil Murphy but blasted his shot yards over the goal. A fitting end to a generally poor game. <br><br>

wasn’t poor from where I was sitting :wink: [smiley=applause_smiley.gif]

if you were sitting (doubt it with your injury) that must account for why i am so tired doing all your running!

Yes the injury could be in a better location but it won’t keep me out for the next game. Only Vincio can do that!<br>The reason you were so knackered was that you were a bag of nerves playing along someone so accomplished :wink: Not since Gary Furnival has so much football been played from the back and you didn’t want to be outshone ;D. I even let you win a few headers near the end ;)<br><br>You’ve got to enjoy it when you win at Marine as they are such a respected side on Merseyside

I agree mate nothing better than winning at Marine! How is the injury anyway? Did you get much sleep? Is the misses overseeing your treatment? I know i wouldn’t like to be the one who has to slowly peel off that dressing and apply a new one, bad enough watching Shane in the dressing room at half time! <br><br>Since no one else has said it mate congrats on your 100th game yesterday

Cheers Pritch<br><br>It quiet in here, either everyone is on holiday or no-one thinks we can catch N.Ferriby. The games this week do have an end of season look to them :wink: ? Is it 4 games in 6 days or 5 games in 8 days . Maybe 6 in 10 or 7games in 12 sounds easier. Either way Lets hope Shane doesn’t get injured!!